Benvolio has been very patient in waiting for his time to shine and I hope you love his Pet Profile.

I do have to mention that Benvolio is the brother to Romeo.

His Pet Profile has already been shared.

You can also view all of the Pet Profiles here.

Pets are a major part of our lives.

They are not just pets but they are our family.

Animals are also a big part of Fashion Beyond Forty.

That is why each of our beloved furkids has their own profile.

Benvolio is my mother’s pup, a gorgeous white poodle.

He would never have been homed with my mother had it not been for her co-worker Betsy, who was herself looking for a new doggie companion.

Betsy showed my mother Benvolio’s photo from the Humane Shelter’s website.

My mother already had Romeo, but she could not resist getting Benvolio too!

Pet Profile: Benvolio My Other Pup-Brother:

Pet Profile Benvolio

While at the Shelter Benvolio was called Neville.

My mother wanted to stay in her naming theme and since she had Romeo she wanted to come up with a great Shakespearian name for her new pup as well.

Neville became Benvolio because in “Romeo and Juliette” Benvolio was Romeo’s cousin!

Benvolio has had a great loving home with his mama and his brother now for six years.

20 Facts About Benvolio:

1.  While Benvolio did not come with pedigree papers, my mother believes that he is 100% poodle.

2.  Ben, is short for Benvolio and has become his nickname.

3.  Ben is white with faint apricot on his ears and down the middle of his back.

4.  Ben acts like a cat, and loves getting into baskets, and boxes!

Pet Profile Benvoilo

5. Ben looks forward to his monthly heart guard medicine and thinks it is a special treat.

6. When Ben gets his monthly dose of topical flea medicine he will go crazy for a full 20 minutes! He rolls, twists, hops, and runs in a 360-degree circle! This is not due to it hurting him or burning him, because he begins to act this way BEFORE it is given to him, and even when given to his brother Romeo, first. Even in anticipation of receiving his dose, he goes crazy! He must really enjoy it.

7. Unlike Romeo, who torments the cats, Ben gets along nicely with both cats in the household.

Pet Profile Benvoilo

8. Ben has a nightly ritual of playing with my mother’s socks when she takes them off at night. He never chews on them but rather loves to go fetch them from the hamper and flip them around in the air for about five to ten minutes before leaving them each in a different part of the house for my mother to later have to search for. This has become a daily game ritual between Ben and my mother.

9. Ben loves to roll in the fallen leaves in the Fall and due to his hair texture the leaves, and twigs stick to him.

Pet Profile Benvolio

10.  Speaking of leaves on the ground, Ben has a very strange thing that he absolutely loves.

I have witnessed this personally and could not believe it, but Ben loves to be dragged! Do not worry, my mother is very careful not to drag him over rocks, or sticks. He also gets up when they get to pavement, or dirt, because he is a very smart dog, and my mother also stops dragging him when they get to anything that can harm him.

11. Like most dogs, Ben loves squirrels, of which there are many in his backyard, but Ben will run from tree to tree for hours and sit under the trees to watch for them.  He has developed quite the relationship with a few of them, they actually play and tease him back!

Pet Profile Benvoilo

12.  Balls do not intrigue Benvolio.  He will leave those to the labs and retrievers.

13.  He loves his baths. He knows the word “bath” and he willingly will go jump into the tub when his mom tells him it is bath time, even before the water is in the tub.

14. Ben sleeps with his mom. He prefers to sleep up by the headboard when it is warm. When it is cooler he cuddles next to her.

15. While Ben, of course, gets great quality food, he prefers his food to be a blend of both dry and wet food mixed together.

16. Ben enjoys a professional grooming every 3 to 4 months.

17. Ben has a very outgoing personality yet is calmer than his brother Romeo. He is more laid back, but at the same time has interesting quirks.

Pet Profile Benvoilo

18. Ben’s brother Romeo has an obsession with the mail carrier. While Romeo goes crazy, Ben likes to play linebacker and tries to block Romeo from getting to the window to bark, or from running the fence line to keep the mail carrier in view.

19. Ben and his brother Romeo are inseparable doing most everything as a team!

Pet Profile Benvoilo

20.  Benvolio is a very happy boy.

Pet Profile Romeo

I hope you have enjoyed Benvolio’s Pet Profile.

You can click here to see more Pet Profiles.

Please comment! I would love to hear from you, so would Ben!

What strange quirks do your pets have?

What makes them unique?

1. Tammy Mentzer
    August 19, 2017 / 2:15 am

I just read Benvolio’s profile again. You covered everything! He is an amazing doggie! Good job on the profile!

2. February 20, 2018 / 11:32 pm

What a cutie! I love the box photo. Roxy’s quirk is that she is a total blanket hog, and Ri is obsessed with snow. I love learning about all their different personalities!

• February 22, 2018 / 12:59 am

Thank you! LOL Roxy I am too! Ri sounds fun! I bet it’s cute watching Ri frolic in it! I do too – love to read about pet’s personalities!

3. February 21, 2018 / 9:58 am

Awww, loved reading about Ben! My Karma-Kat also loves to be dragged–we call it “sledding” on a towel, just drag one across the floor and Karma jumps on for a ride.

• February 22, 2018 / 1:08 am

Ah that is awesome that Karma-Kat loves this too! I like that sledding – it sounds so much nicer than dragged lol. I have to try this with my kitties! Our Link LOVES to sled on his pillow!

4. February 21, 2018 / 11:37 am

I love reading Dog profiles so thanks for sharing. They are adorable and I love that he does not like balls, cos neither does Layla and she hates baths

• February 22, 2018 / 1:10 am

Thank you Ruth for reading and commenting! We love it when you visit. The pets all love the attention. Give Layla snuggles for me please.

5. February 21, 2018 / 12:48 pm

Oh my mouses! Just LOOK at that face! What a cutie you are, Benvolio. You are a real cutie, for sure. purrs

• February 22, 2018 / 1:02 am

Aweeee Benvolio just loves compliments especially from the feline purrsuasion! 🙂

• February 22, 2018 / 1:03 am

LOL funny aren’t they! Just love animals so much! They are SO like people with their distinct personalities – only better lol

6. February 21, 2018 / 1:17 pm

Benvolio is an absolute doll! My in-laws have a “Ben” — but instead of a small, white poodle, he’s a black standard poodle! He’s huge! I bet he wishes he could fit in a box like Benvolio.

• February 22, 2018 / 1:31 am

Thank you SO much! Oh how cool is that! Opposites in a way with the same name! I bet your in-laws Ben is just gorgeous!

7. February 21, 2018 / 4:22 pm

Benvolio oh my what a name. Love the backstory how you got your name. Happy you have been scooped up and enjoying your forever home and brother! Such a handsome boy too.

• February 22, 2018 / 1:27 am

Thank you so much Kamira! My mom is very proud of her naming skills lol. I will be sure she sees this!

8. February 21, 2018 / 5:27 pm

Ben is adorable and I enjoyed reading about him. Interesting that he likes boxes and baskets.

• February 22, 2018 / 1:30 am

Thank you so much Ava! You know my mother also had a Golden named Ava a long time ago. It’s one of our favorite names!!

9. February 21, 2018 / 5:54 pm

Benvolio is a really cute name and I love the photo on the shelf. So funny! Let’s all be ourselves!d

• February 22, 2018 / 1:12 am

Thank you so much my mom will be happy to hear, or read that! OMG isn’t that the cutest photo! ROFL I love how you put that! Just noticed it haha!

10. February 21, 2018 / 6:09 pm

Your photos are so clear, love them. I have several pets, however, Dutchess, my blind deaf dog (since birth) has a mischievous personality. She takes the others toys away when they are looking and sits on them. So that’s what makes her unique.

• February 22, 2018 / 1:13 am

Thank you so very much! Hahaha Dutchess sounds amazing! She IS the Dutchess after all right? All toys are hers! I just love how every pet is so unique – just like people – only better!

11. February 21, 2018 / 6:16 pm

OH my goodness, how could you make such a sweetie wait? So adorable. I LOVE the dirty pic 😉

12. February 22, 2018 / 12:27 am

Awww Ben is adorable. I love the Shakespeare inspired name! I love names that are not common.

• February 22, 2018 / 1:58 am

Thank you so much Monika! My mother will love hearing that you appreciate the Shakespeare names!

13. February 22, 2018 / 2:49 am

Ben is very cute. I love his full name and the sock game. He’s a very special dog.

14. February 22, 2018 / 7:56 am

They look like twin brothers in one of the photos! He sounds absolutely adorable. I love the photo of ‘Ben’ covered in grass. I call my little blonde guy part Leprechaun! The Shakespearean names are very clever.

• February 22, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Thank you Sadie my mom is very proud of them and their names. LOL Yes Ben is something else when he gets play time!
      That is cute that your baby is part Leprechaun haha 🙂

15. February 22, 2018 / 8:38 am

So cute! What a lovely pet profile and an awesome name. My dog Simba acts like a cat at times too! He loves to perch up on top of the couch for some reason.

• February 22, 2018 / 7:50 pm

Thank you Kia. LOL that is so cute about Simba! Our pup Lyla used to do that – back when she was younger and able. I am afraid to put her up there now. Her balance isn’t that great and she can’t get up there and down herself. I bet Simba is darling up there!

16. February 22, 2018 / 2:44 pm

Ben’s sock fetish is pretty adorable as is the picture of him lounging in the laundry basket. Bernie and Lizzie know the word “peanut butter”. Bernie has one special toy that he’s had since we brought him home. His Marvin Moose stuffie goes with him to bed every night. I have even purchased a back-up moose who I keep hidden for the dreaded day when something bad happens to Marvin.

• February 22, 2018 / 7:47 pm

LOL thank you Irene. That is so cool that Bernie and Lizzie know the words peanut butter! Smart pups! OMG thank you so much for sharing about Marvin the Moose! That is so adorable and you are such a good pup mom to get him a back up! I did that for my daughter when she was little with her favorite stuffed animal! See pup moms ARE just like baby mamas! That is so special!