It’s time for another Pet Profile and today’s profile features my Pup-Brother.

I call him my Pup-Brother because he is my mother’s pup.

If you enjoy reading this Pet Profile please check out more of them.

Pet Profile Romeo:

My mother rescued Romeo from the shelter.

When my mother adopted him he weighed only five pounds and his coat was extremely matted, and long.

His fur hung way over his little eyes.

He was named Romeo because from the moment she picked him up and held him he snuggled into her, and full of love.

Pet Profile Romeo

My mother could tell that Romeo had lived a hard life and appreciated being loved.

My mother has always loved dogs and has rescued all of her pets from shelters.

She has never had more than two at a time, usually just one so that she can give them the best lives possible, and plenty of love and attention.

Here is Romeo’s story:

My mother found Romeo at our local humane shelter six and a half years ago.

They both feel very fortunate having found each other and feel they are a perfect match.

My mother had always had large dogs however the little dogs were kept in the pen closest to the door at the humane shelter.

As soon as my mother entered, she locked eyes him immediately.

It was love at first sight so they visited in a separate room to get to know each other.

Romeo Going Home:

Romeo could not be taken home that day because he had a kennel cough.

He was put on medicine for 10 days and then was finally able to go to his forever home.

My mother immediately took Romeo to be groomed.

Romeo and his brother Benvolio are loved beyond words.

Incredibly spoiled, as all furbabies should be.

They sleep with my mother in a comfy warm bed every night.

If only all animals could be so fortunate to have a blessed life.

20 Facts About Romeo:

1. He weighs 12 pounds and is very squishy and wonderful to cuddle with.

2. He loves his adopted poodle brother (not really siblings) Benvolio.

Pet Profile Romeo

3. Romeo loves baths and loves to be toweled dried afterward and held like a baby.

4. He is the alpha dog between himself and his brother Benvolio, even though Romeo is smaller in size.

Pet Profile Romeo

5. Romeo likes to lay in the hallway at the top of the steps where he can watch all the action.

6. He keeps a close eye on the cat, Toonces, and will gently headbutt him to show him who’s boss.

7. He has to “make his bed” and have his blankets just right before he lays on them. He was taught this by his mama, Scout, my mother’s Boston Terrier who sadly passed away after eating a mushroom.

8. He loves massages and coos with approval and gratitude.

9. Romeo is the watchdog of the household and much of the time is looking out the windows, watching for questionable humans and animals.

Pet Profile Romeo

10. Romeo has issues with the postal carrier.

He waits for him to come and he must be let outside to run alongside the entire length of the fenced yard so he can chase and bark at him. He watches for him every day and knows when he is coming.

11. He enjoys his almost daily walks and gets to go on many adventures in beautiful places in the country.

Pet Profile Romeo

12. Unlike some dogs, he loves to take his medicine and thinks it is very special. He must know how much his mama loves him and wants to protect him.

13. When he is taken to the groomer, he turns around and watches his mama until the groomer turns the corner with him.

14. He loves his new cousin, Sunday, a Goldendoodle puppy, and does not mind her having a photo in his profile.

Pet Profile Romeo

15. Romeo has two black dots on his tiny, little brown nose.

16. When his sister, ( that would be me. Joely ), shows up to visit, he jumps up on her and his little nails scratch her legs. He loves visitors!

17. He and his brother love dressing up and do not mind when their mama put them in cute jackets, sweaters, and costumes.

Pet Profile Romeo

18. Romeo is always up for a new adventure and is willing to try interesting things.

Pet Profile Romeo

19. He is highly protective of his treats. He looks around to be sure his brother is not watching, then he runs up the stairs to the bedroom so that he can savor it alone.

20. He is very jealous of the cats, especially Preston, whom he torments regularly. The cats spend most of their time downstairs in the finished basement as that is their domain. Given the chance, Romeo races down there to stir things up.

I hope you have enjoyed reading, and learning more about Romeo.

In the meantime, please read more Pet Profiles.

Please Comment! I love hearing from you, and Romeo would love to hear what you think about his profile.

1. February 23, 2018 / 1:22 pm

He is such a handsome boy and I love that you have done profiles it is such a clever idea to be able to share each one’s personality – thank you for the smile

• February 23, 2018 / 8:09 pm

Thank you so much Ruth. I wish I remembered why I decided to do profiles for them. Glad that I did though 🙂
      Romeo is a handsome fella indeed.

2. February 23, 2018 / 1:36 pm

Romeo is such a cute little guy! He looks like he’s lots of fun, too.

3. February 23, 2018 / 5:35 pm

Romeo is adorable. It’s great he likes taking baths and taking medicine. Mr. N is not a fan of either!

• February 23, 2018 / 7:41 pm

haha Mr. N is the normal pup of the two. Romeo is funny that way. Loving to take pills especially!

4. February 23, 2018 / 5:47 pm

He is cute. I don’t see the dots. must be hard to see.

• February 23, 2018 / 7:40 pm

It could also be the lighting, or the photo itself. Thank you! He is a cutie!

5. February 23, 2018 / 6:38 pm

Romeo is the perfect name for this baby. All love. And a heartbreaker I’m sure.

6. February 23, 2018 / 8:39 pm

Romeo sounds like a lucky guy! What a great adoption story. I love that each dog has their own personality!

7. February 24, 2018 / 10:50 am

What a handsome and lucky boy Romeo is, he is obviously very loved. I loved his 20 facts especially that he takes his treats upstairs and savours them alone! haha

• February 26, 2018 / 3:40 pm

Isn’t he just the cutest. So spoiled too which is how it should be. Haha Michelle he is a funny one when it comes to his treats for sure.

8. February 24, 2018 / 6:37 pm

Romeo’s pet profile is adorable. Bernie completely understands why Romeo would want to sit at the top of the stairs to see all the action. Frequently, Bernie will position himself so he can keep his eye on me and Matthew, especially if we’re in two different rooms. Love learning more about your pets and seeing all the cute photos!

• February 26, 2018 / 3:42 pm

Thank you Irene! Bernie sounds like a very smart pup!! He and Romeo have the right idea!

9. February 24, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Aww Romeo! Perfect name for a handsome boy. Thanks for sharing a bit more about him. Woof!

10. February 25, 2018 / 2:26 pm

I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Romeo, he is quite a character! He & Benvolio are adorable together. What a great life they have with your Mom. She clearly has a very big heart!
    Love & biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

• February 26, 2018 / 3:36 pm

Thank you so much Cathy! He IS quite a character lol.
      My mom truly does have a huge heart for animals.
      I got my love of animals from her.

11. February 25, 2018 / 4:18 pm

So much fun reading about Romeo! All I could think of is how much my late Mother would have loved him! She had Poodles all of her life (in addition to Collies and Spitz’s), and she just loved them! Romeo seems like a very sweet boy! Thank you to your Mom for rescuing him and to you for for sharing his story with us!

• February 26, 2018 / 3:35 pm

Thank you I am so glad you enjoyed Romeo’s pet profile.
      That is so sweet about your mother – thank you for sharing that with us!
      I bet she was just a wonderful pup mama!

12. February 25, 2018 / 5:59 pm

Romeo sure is cute! I’m glad he has such a happy life with your mom now!

• February 26, 2018 / 3:45 pm

Thank you so much! I am so glad she rescued him. They are so great together.

13. February 25, 2018 / 10:46 pm

Romeo is such a cutie and your mother and he are so lucky to have found each other. I wonder why Romeo has such a love affair with the postman!

• February 26, 2018 / 3:47 pm

Thank you so much. I am so glad they found each other too. 🙂 Haha Romeo is so enamored with the mail man. More than his brother for sure!