I know that not many men read my blog, for obvious reasons, but ladies, if you can share this with the father of your child, please do.

I also know many children do not have fathers.

Perhaps they have a step-dad or another father figure in their lives.

If not, mother’s you are the father, so please, do what I suggest here.

Take Your Daughter On A Date

Take Your Daughter On A Date

No, I am not trying to suggest something creepy.

The fact is every young lady should learn what a proper date is.

I am not talking about anything elaborate or expensive.

It’s more about how she deserves to be treated.

We want our daughters to have a realistic view of what a date should be at her age.

This is best around the age of 12 or 13 but anytime before she begins to date on her own.

How To Take Your Daughter On A Date:

Set a day and time for your date night and dress nice.

Be on time.

Come to the front door of your own home, ring the bell.

Show her to the car, open the door for her, and all of the traditional things that all too often are missing from dating this day and age.

I do not care how independent a young lady is, or how modern our times are, something is missing from the dating youth of today, and that is manners.

It Is Not Anti-Feminist To Take Your Daughter On A Date:

I am not out to get into arguments with the feminist view.

I consider myself a feminist.

The problem is these days we are all arguing about what feminism is.

To me, I can be a strong, independent woman and do all the above for myself.

That does not mean I can’t allow a man to do these things for me too.

I by no means want to see our feminism detract from what it means to be a gentleman!

A young lady won’t know what she should expect if she has never been shown what she should expect.

Things To Do When You Take Your Daughter On A Date:

Take her somewhere reasonable for where a young man who may want to date her could take her.

Pay the bill.

Again, I don’t care about these “modern times” if you ask someone out you should offer to pay, be you male or female.

That is my opinion.

While you are dining, if she needs to get up for the ladies room, stand when she stands, pull out her chair for her.

When ordering, ask her what she is thinking of ordering, if she is unsure talk about what you are considering.

Do not order for her, order with her.

Laugh, ask her questions, this is not a time to pry but to converse.

Tell her about yourself, a time to maybe share something from your own life but don’t embarrass her.

Not only is this a good lesson for her in how a young man should act on a date, but a chance for you to bond with your daughter in a whole new way.

When you take her back home, walk her to the door.

Tell her you had a wonderful time.

You can show your daughter(s) how they should be treated daily by the way you treat your wife.

Take your wife on dates.

Don’t forget that we always need romance in our lives.

Through this, your own children, the boys too, will come to learn how to treat others, and how they should be treated in return.

I just really feel that these days we forget that children learn through example.

Take Your Daughter On A Date

What do you think?

Do you think fathers should take their daughters on a date?

1. Cheryl
    December 14, 2017 / 3:42 pm

I don’t have a daughter, but I’ve had the same type of evenings out with my son. When he turned thirteen, I told him that I would no longer walk “curb side”. That was now his job and also that he always had to open the door for me. It’s translated pretty well!

• December 14, 2017 / 7:04 pm

That is so awesome Cheryl! I love it and indeed the same goes for mothers with their sons! Thank you so much for sharing this and I am happy you are raising a good young man!

2. December 14, 2017 / 9:17 pm

Wow! This is such a great post with so many reasons why it is important for Dads to take their daughters on dates. Especially their first date. Too many girls settle for a man that is not right for them. This also shows our sons the right way to treat a lady.

• December 15, 2017 / 6:29 am

Thank you so much. I truly am very happy you like the article. You are so right, we also need to show our sons the way to be a good man and how to treat a lady.

3. December 14, 2017 / 10:57 pm

It is so important for girls to learn how to be treated when they are growing up. I wish more little girls had good examples of men in their life. Too many girls are not getting a good example or no dad at all. It is so important!

• December 15, 2017 / 6:28 am

Me too Karissa, me too. Myself included. Could have spared a lot of trouble and disappointment in life.

4. December 15, 2017 / 6:53 am

My husband never did take our daughter on a date. They have gone to do things together, though. I do think it wasn’t enough. However, I have my own shortcomings as a mother so I won’t be pointing a finger.

• December 17, 2017 / 6:16 pm

I hear you Tami. I have had my short comings as well indeed. I am glad he did take her places. Sadly some girls do not even get that.

5. December 15, 2017 / 9:07 am

Such a great post. My husband and I have started doing this with our kids. My daughter and husband go on little dates and my son and I go on dates. The kids love it. It is a great way to get some one on one tiem with your kids.

• December 17, 2017 / 6:21 pm

Aweee I love that you AND your husband are doing this for your kids!

6. December 15, 2017 / 9:28 am

This is brilliant!! My husband and my daughter have date nights, but not to this extent. We tell her how others should treat her but this is a great way for her to SEE how men should treat her!

• December 17, 2017 / 6:20 pm

That is so good to hear that your husband and daughter have date nights! I don’t think it has to be to any specific extend and probably depends on each father and each daughter. Their way is perfect for them and I love that they do this!

7. December 15, 2017 / 10:45 am

This is a great idea! My parents really didn’t teach me anything about dating. I got my ideas from old movies so I was a romantic. Boy, was I wrong! I don’t blame my parents, they were old-fashioned. At least my Mother told me about the “things” I really needed to know. I never married and have no children but I think you are spot-on on this subject. Young people don’t know how to interact anymore thanks to all the cell phones and tablets. They need social skills!

• December 17, 2017 / 6:17 pm

Awee yes I loved old movies as well. I think old movies ruined me – gave me too high of expectation perhaps lol.
      Young people do need to learn how to interact these days and what to expect and what not to accept.

8. December 15, 2017 / 11:23 pm

This is such a sweet post. I love how you share these tips with others. This is so thoughtful and would bring great memories to any young lady, no matter how old they are.