Home » empowerment » My Quote Of The Year 2018

Yesterday I wrote about my 2018 Word Of The Year.

This year I am also incorporating a Quote Of The Year.

I love how this quote found me rather than my searching out the perfect quote.

It resonates with me for many reasons.

For one reason I tend to try to push too much.

I have always had to be a fighter.

Sometimes after one has had to fight for so long they forget it is okay to be chill.

I forgot how to be chill.

My Quote Of The Year Is From Bruce Lee

Quote Of The Year

Another thing that I appreciate is how he says to empty your mind.

Often I find my mind far too full.

This is a nice reminder to take a step back and do meditation.

When I meditate, I breathe and we all need to take some deep breaths now and then.

Instead of forcing things to be the way we wish them to be, this quote tells us to adjust.

When we adjust we do often find it easier to find our way around or through an obstacle.

There is so much truth to this.

How I Relate To My Quote Of The Year:

Most troubles in my life have been through the need to control.

Understanding what we can and should control is key.

I have learned when attempting to control others it is usually because they are not healthy for me to be with.

Quote Of The Year

Now don’t get me wrong…

I am not about to stand still while situations or people beat against me!

The fighter in me could never allow that entirely.

I would never ask anyone to be a non-participant in something they can make better with action.

Yet, sometimes I know I can be too quick to act instead of stepping back and allowing things to work themselves out.

However, I have also learned that being assertive does not always get me the end result I desire.

There is a fine line between action and reaction.

I am going to focus on action by slow, steady movement, like water.

Finding my way through or around obstacles this year ahead.

Rather than being a raging force bursting against the jagged cliffs of life.

Do you have a favorite quote?

What do you think of the one I have selected for 2018?

Leave me a comment and let me know.

1. January 2, 2018 / 12:48 pm

I love this so much! I think the word and quote of the year is a great idea. I can’t think of a better way to ring in the new year with some killer motivation.

• January 3, 2018 / 6:58 pm

Thank you so much Stacie. I will keep working toward listening to my word and quote and putting them into practice.

• January 3, 2018 / 7:00 pm

Indeed it sure would. With all the hatred in the world today – you betcha!

2. January 3, 2018 / 8:20 am

Love this quote. I also have issues with control. I feel the need to control situations which leads to try to control other people. Not good. I always end up unhappy.

• January 3, 2018 / 11:10 pm

I hear you Mary! Thank you for sharing that with us! It means a lot to know others feel the same.

3. January 3, 2018 / 8:32 am

This is a good quote. One the hardest things for me to do is to empty my mind. I always have been a worrier and now that I really have nothing to worry about, I still worry, I need to conquer this in 2018!

• January 3, 2018 / 11:09 pm

Melissa I am so glad this quote resonated with you and I hope you will reflect on it to soothe your mind. I sure do!

4. January 3, 2018 / 9:58 am

I love your quote, it totally resonated with me. As a person who struggles to empty my mind, this was good. I need to focus more on finding a calm even while in the midst of a storm

• January 3, 2018 / 6:54 pm

Thank you Mimi I am glad it resonated with you as well. I am not saying it is easy for me, but I am working on it.

5. January 3, 2018 / 2:23 pm

It is hard to beat a quote by Lee. He knew things most never come close to knowing.

6. January 3, 2018 / 2:24 pm

Can this also be my quote for the year? I really love that way of life.

7. January 3, 2018 / 4:59 pm

I really love the idea of adding a quote. I think I should find just the right one for myself.

8. January 4, 2018 / 4:03 am

I haven’t thought of a quote for this year, but I’ll have to think of one. I love this idea! 🙂

• January 4, 2018 / 2:49 pm

Thank you HilLesha! I am glad you are going to consider one of your own too.

9. January 4, 2018 / 9:34 am

I love reading quotes and I have a lot of favorites so it’s hard for me to choose just one. Love that quote by Bruce Lee. Great choice!

• January 4, 2018 / 2:56 pm

It is hard to select ONE quote – totally agree Lynndee! I had a hard time too. I just kept coming back to this one.