Home » Lifestyle » Happiness Is » Happiness Is… Cirque du Soleil Crystal

I just realized I failed to post a Happiness Is last month.

Considering the past couple of months I have had it is understandable.

This month, however, I won’t fail you, or myself.

I did get an evening of enjoyment and happiness!

Thanks to getting my rear out of the house and attending Cirque du Soleil Crystal.

Happiness Is… Cirque du Soleil Crystal

Happiness Is Cirque du Soleil Crystal

What To Expect At Cirque du Soleil Crystal:

Cirque is best described as a magical experience.

If I could only attend one type of live performance – it would be Cirque hands down every time.

Cirque has an entire line up of shows and Crystal is their first show on ice.

I was elated when I learned that the troop was coming to Topeka.

In past years the closest show was in Kansas City.

Not a far cry from Topeka, but it sure is nice when your hometown gets a show like this!

Especially since Topeka is not that large.

Happiness Is Cirque du Soleil Crystal

With all Cirque shows, the performance begins before the show starts.

As the seats fill, performers entertain you.

From musicians outside and all around the stage itself, which in this case is an ice rink.

To performers on stage, again, in this case, the ice itself.

You simply won’t know which direction to look because it is all so entertaining!

At Crystal, there was a clown throwing snowballs into the crowd.

No worries, he only threw one to you, or at you, if you held your arms up asking for it.

Anyone who has any child left in their heart will love every moment waiting for the show to begin.

Happiness Is Cirque du Soleil Crystal

The Story Of Cirque du Soleil Crystal:

When the show does begin, the entire set takes on life and lights up!

Crystal is a story of a young woman who feels misunderstood.

It is a story I feel anyone of any age can relate to.

Crystal is a bit dark at times, however.

At some points during the show, I interpreted it as somewhat a story of Schizophrenia.

Cirque shows can be interpreted many ways.

This has always intrigued me.

This is the first time I have seen a Cirque show where all the narration and music is in English.

Usually, it is in French since the troop is from Canada.

Happiness Is Cirque du Soleil Crystal

When the show begins we see Crystal with her family, and can tell she does not feel she “fits”.

Crystal skates away and the ice breaks beneath her.

This takes her to a parallel world where she encounters great thrills and faces her own fears.

In this world, she meets another version of herself.

Happiness Is Cirque du Soleil Crystal

Cirque du Soleil Crystal The Dark Side:

The set changes and artistry are nothing less than fantastical.

The story evolves and shapes into a twisted tale of a young woman coming to terms with her own identity.

This is one place in which the story visits the fringes of the dark side.

Happiness Is Cirque du Soleil Crystal

The set also pulls one’s mind toward that direction as chaotic words scroll, and appear all over the set.

Words within Crystal’s own head.

Both beautiful and in a way terrifying.

Yet, as soon as we feel we are fully catapulted in one direction something vibrant and explosive happens that jolts us back to a happier place.

Happiness Is Cirque du Soleil Crystal

Cirque du Soleil Crystal won’t leave you sitting in any one emotion for long!

Also, it is important to point out that the music is in fact, live!

The fact is, all Cirque shows transition this way.

From one feel to another.

The difference this time is since all narration and music was in English I could easily follow the storyline as it was intended.

The downside is, I rather enjoyed the past shows where I was left with nothing but my own imagination.

I also must tell you, the acrobatics in any Cirque show are absolutely stunning!

When you think you know exactly what you are about to see, something totally unexpected happens.

Happiness Is Cirque du Soleil Crystal

Cirque du Soleil Crystal Is Pure Adrenaline:

If you are thinking my images are not that exciting, it’s intentional.

I have left all the best images out because I am not one to totally ruin a surprise!

The photo above is yet another transition into a darker place.

To me, it spoke of Crystal facing her adult years and the confusion of who she was to become.

The narration allows enough missing pieces for you to put some of it together in your own mind, and heart.

A dream come true for the creative type.

Who doesn’t wish at times they could take a movie, for example, and twist it just enough to have the outcome they desire?

Happiness Is Cirque du Soleil Crystal:

There is so much I want to blurt out about this show!

So many things I want to tell you!

Including the most shocking, and revealing moment toward the end, but I must hold back.

I want you to see it for yourself and have your own experience.

Worthy of a million standing ovations, Cirque du Soleil Crystal is a show you absolutely must see.

Have you seen any Cirque shows?

I would love to hear about which one and your experience!

Or, do you want to go see Cirque du Soleil Crystal now?

I hope so!

Leave me a comment and speak out!

1. February 5, 2018 / 12:35 pm

I have not been to a Cirque show before. It’s on my list of things to do one of these days. Everyone that I know that has been to one of these shows has really enjoyed it.

2. February 5, 2018 / 1:03 pm

I have always wanted to see a cirque du soleil show! I actually won tickets once to go see a show in the city when they were here and my husband refused to go with me and I didn’t want to go by myself. This was years ago and i am STILL sad I never have seen them. Hopefully soon!

• February 6, 2018 / 6:38 pm

I wish you had gone. Even on your own it’s so immersive you would not have missed him not being there lol. I really hope you go to one soon.

3. February 5, 2018 / 5:23 pm

What an amazing show! I have had so many friends attend performances and rant and rave about it! I never knew what it actually was or that the story was so emotional! This was an amazing post to explain what the show is all about! Next time it is in town, I hope to see it!

• February 6, 2018 / 6:38 pm

They are all totally correct! Best show ever!! I am glad you liked my post. Get out to see one!

4. February 5, 2018 / 11:09 pm

Wow, you are so lucky to have experienced a spectacle like Cirque du Soleil. I have been looking at clips and highlights of their different shows and have decided which one I am going to see. I won’t wait too long this year and go ahead and buy the tickets right away when they come back to my city.

• February 6, 2018 / 6:39 pm

I hope to see every one that comes my way. They are totally worth it and I would even go see the same show twice! Which one do you want to see? I hope you get to go soon!

5. February 6, 2018 / 2:46 am

This is the craziest thing, but we have friends who saw Crystal in Montreal a couple of months ago. Like you, they couldn’t stop talking about how amazing it was. The storyline was strong, although at times eclipsed by the incredible performances. They also couldn’t help but wonder just how someone decides to make this kind of thing their life’s work. Whether it was the hockey players jumping off ramps, or the juggler on skates, or even the trapeze artists. I sure wish it was going to be playing close to where we live. I’d really like a chance to see it. x

• February 6, 2018 / 6:40 pm

Right!? When I was a kid you either became a doctor, lawyer, cop, fireman, etc or a secretary, or teacher and so on. The basic stuff. No one went all out like this and really followed their dreams! My how times have changed and I am glad they have! I really hope you get to see a Cirque show soon!

6. Reesa Lewandowski
    February 6, 2018 / 8:35 am

I saw a Cirque show many years ago and was blown away. They have so many wonderful shows around the country now. This looks like it was a great night out!

• February 6, 2018 / 6:41 pm

It truly was and I want to see every Cirque show that I can. They are incredible. I hope you get to see another soon!

7. lisalisa
    February 6, 2018 / 9:13 am

I have heard so many wonderful things about the Cirque du soleil show. Every time they have been here I have missed them, I hope they come again this year for I know my kids and I would enjoy seeing their show. People say their storyline is very captivating along with their performance!

• February 6, 2018 / 6:41 pm

That is so true and I really do hope you and the kids get to see a show!

8. February 6, 2018 / 10:37 am

We want to go to these shows. I think my daughter would love it too. We are hoping to make a trip to Vegas and a Cirque show is on our MUST see for sure. I hope they come to Denver soon too!

• February 6, 2018 / 6:42 pm

I hope you get to see as many of their shows as possible! They are a true experience!

9. kim
    February 8, 2018 / 4:05 pm

What fun! I love Cirque shows. I haven’t seen this one yet, but I’ve heard it is available in my area.