Sometimes the winter blues set in deep.

We burrow into the comforts of our homes, or our beds.

I admit, I feel like hibernating all through winter.

The heavier heartier comfort foods weight us down.

Holiday meals and candy from Valentine’s day haunt us.

Getting the spring back in our step before Spring arrives can be tough.

It’s good to get an early start though so we are in top form once it arrives.

Today I want to give you 5 great ideas to help you prepare for the season ahead.

Getting The Spring Back In Your Step

How To Get The Spring Back In Your Step:

Start Eating For Spring:

I love a hot bowl of chili and creamy soups are my favorite but we have to shift gears.

Start eating fresh greens, which means more salads.

Don’t limit yourself to veggies though.

Try fruit salads, smoothies with both fruits and veggies and subs for heartier meals.

Think picnic foods which will excite you for the warmer sunnier weather.

Getting The Spring Back In Your Step

Fill Your Home With Spring Scents:

Put away the holiday scents of gingerbread and pine and bring out the floral and airy scents.

Fill your home with lavender, gardenia, and all your favorite flora and fauna aromas.

Essential oils which you can incorporate into home scents, as well as bath and body scents, are perfect this time of the year.

Citrus is known to give you more energy so try a little orange or lemon essence.

Aroma is tired deeply to our emotions and will quickly put you back into Spring mood.

Getting The Spring Back In Your Step

Decorate Your Home For Spring:

Fall and Winter decor is often heavier and darker looking.

Fill your home with bright colors, or soft pastels.

Some new houseplants can give you a nice light feeling.

The act of purchasing a new wall hanging, vase, or a bouquet of flowers will lift your spirits.

A friend of mine even replaces her curtains seasonally and it makes a world of difference.

Getting The Spring Back In Your Step

Get In Good Physical Shape For Spring:

I know it’s hard to motivate to get out to the gym when it’s still cold outside.

It’s something I have to push myself to do too.

However, we all know we will not be happy wearing that new maxidress if we don’t look our best.

Pushing ourselves a little more now will pay off later.

Plus, we will have a headstart on looking our best for Summer!

Getting The Spring Back In Your Step

Buy Some Spring Fashions:

Speaking of getting in shape and wearing that maxidress, why not have a little retail therapy?

Buying a new spring outfit can really boost our spirits.

You can also check out new accessories for the upcoming season.

I always love getting a new pair of sandals especially a pair that has bling!

Shopping is known to release endorphins and create happiness.

Getting The Spring Back In Your Step

What do you do to put the spring back in your step and get ready for Spring?

I would love to hear your ideas in the comments.

Or let me know which of these ideas you like best.

Getting The Spring Back In Your Step

1. robin rue
    February 15, 2018 / 9:53 am

I discovered fruit salads recently (I know I am late to the game) and they are awesome. I am kicking myself for not trying one sooner. Great ideas!

• February 15, 2018 / 11:30 pm

Robin your life as you know it will change for the better! It’s never too late to learn something awesome!

2. Candy
    February 15, 2018 / 10:05 am

Always the way with winter slower pace. Time get up walking and eating lighter. Can’t wait for the garden.

3. February 15, 2018 / 10:12 am

These are some great steps! I never thought about eating more springy things though. I do enjoy other fruits and veggies during that time. I am ready for the warmth!

• February 15, 2018 / 11:32 pm

Amber me too. I am so tried of being cold all of the time and not feeling like leaving home after 5pm due to it being dark already!

4. February 15, 2018 / 10:36 am

These are great ideas! I like to start using spring smelling scents in my home to get me in that whole spring time spirit!

• February 16, 2018 / 11:41 pm

That does it for me for sure! I need to go get more – my Spring candle supply is a little low.

5. February 15, 2018 / 1:25 pm

Great suggestions to start a healthy routine. I too love to stay home during winters and I have put on some weight. These tips will be helpful for me to get my previous body.

• February 16, 2018 / 11:42 pm

Thank you so much. It won’t be too difficult to get back in shape. Just start sooner rather than later.

6. February 15, 2018 / 3:00 pm

We have had a long dreary winter, I need sunlight. Love these tips. Hope to put them to use soon!

• February 15, 2018 / 11:29 pm

We have too and I hear you Kathy I need sunlight as well. Thank you I am glad you liked the tips!

7. February 15, 2018 / 3:10 pm

I am sooooo ready for spring! This winter has been long and miserably cold. I like these ideas to start getting me into spring mode, even if the weather is not cooperating.

• February 15, 2018 / 11:30 pm

Emily I agree – I am fighting the weather here 100%! We had a couple of teaser days of decent warm weather and it’s cold again!

8. February 15, 2018 / 3:49 pm

These are all great tips! When the sun comes out and temperatures start warming up is when the spring in my step comes back!

• February 16, 2018 / 11:43 pm

I hear you Sarah. We go back and forth between spring like days and freezing! That takes a toll on energy levels for sure!

9. February 15, 2018 / 3:50 pm

This is great advice because when we are expecting snow tomorrow, I’d at least like the inside of my house to reflect a season I’m longing for. I can’t wait for spring and walks around lakes, bike rides and lots of outdoor activities.

• February 16, 2018 / 11:43 pm

Ohhh Heather me too!! You nailed it! SIGH sorry you are getting more snow. We go from one great sunny warm day to cold and dreary!

10. February 15, 2018 / 5:26 pm

I love your comment of less chili and more greens. I was in the same boat with so much chili and cream soups. This week I made it a point to have a salad every day. It was wonderful!

• February 15, 2018 / 11:28 pm

Isn’t it nice to switch it up!? It got cold here again this evening and I am feeling chili again lol I have to stay strong and get spring ready!

11. February 15, 2018 / 6:37 pm

Fruits and vegetables make me happy. I love to eat healthy because it makes you fit and feel good.

12. Pam
    February 15, 2018 / 7:03 pm

I am so ready for spring to be here and winter to be over. I’m getting spring and summer scents for my wax warmer.

• February 16, 2018 / 11:44 pm

I bought a wax warmer over winter. I love it but of course all of my scents are wintery lol I have to get some spring scents.

13. February 15, 2018 / 9:15 pm

We don’t really have seasons here but I really love these ideas! Spring time is my favorite time.

• February 17, 2018 / 12:06 am

How do you like not having seasons? Is it warm all of the time? I love the change so I don’t know if I could handle not having seasons, except for winter maybe lol

14. February 15, 2018 / 9:31 pm

I don’t eat fruit salads quite enough but I totally should. In fact, salads in general are something I should squeeze into my diet more often!

• February 17, 2018 / 12:06 am

I hope that you start to incorporate more salads. There are so many ways you can make them. The only complaint I have about salads is there is so much chopping lol.

15. February 15, 2018 / 10:25 pm

I can almost feel the temperatures rising just by looking at your suggestions. Hope spring gets here quick!

16. February 16, 2018 / 5:42 am

What I look forward to this Spring would be all the fresh produce, especially the fruits! I think these are awesome ideas to start welcoming the coming season!

17. February 16, 2018 / 6:43 pm

Luckily I have found a great place to stay fit. It has helped me in more ways then just physically!

• February 17, 2018 / 12:21 am

Sara that sounds so wonderful! I am very happy you found the perfect place for you!

18. Nikka Shae
    February 16, 2018 / 7:25 pm

Every morning I hear the birds chirping by my window and all I can think about is Spring.

19. February 17, 2018 / 6:15 am

Really great winter tips! And btw, i love your blog name 🙂

• February 17, 2018 / 10:57 pm

Thank you so much Bethel! I had a really great friend growing up named Bethel and I have not heard anyone with it since until now. I am digging your blog name too!

20. February 18, 2018 / 7:45 pm

These are really good ideas. I usually start going through things, throwing things out, and donating things. I get ready for spring by cleaning up my flower beds, washing windows, and deep cleaning the house.

• February 19, 2018 / 5:22 pm

Gisele so many wonderful ideas you have shared!! I cleaned my windows last week – made a huge difference!
      I did some yard work this past weekend as well – it was warm enough finally.