Last week I wrote an article about International Day Of Happiness. I was so pleased that many of your comments mentioned how every day is, or should be Happiness Day. This is a sentiment I totally agree with! This is what inspired today’s article and the 30 Day Happiness Challenge With Printable.

30 Day Happiness Challenge With Printable

Even when going through hard times we can always find something to be happy about.

In fact, the more positive energy we generate the better those hard times can be.

Yes, I know there are sometimes where it can be very difficult to find joy in our lives.

Yet, in those times, the joy of hope for a better tomorrow alone can be all that is needed.

30 Day Happiness Challenge:

It’s no joke that I have started our challenge on April 1st.

This allows us a couple of weeks to get our goals set and our calendar filled in.

At first, I was going to fill the calendar in for you.

Then I thought no, I want you to be an active participant in your own happiness.

Afterall, when we are actively participating we gain far more than when something is done for us.

Then I considered filling in a few days as thought starters for you.

I decided against that as well because who I am to decide what would create happiness for you?

What I finally decided upon was creating a blank calendar and listing out some thought starters instead.

First, here is a look at your calendar.

The link to print is directly below it.

30 Day Happiness Challenge Printable

Click To Print Your 30 Day Happiness Calendar

30 Day Happiness Challenge Thought Starters:

There are no rules. This is your calendar to do with as you wish. As I said I, nor anyone else should tell you what happiness is or how to achieve it.

Here are some ideas to begin:

Take 5 Extra Minutes To Enjoy Your Morning Coffee

Stay In Your Car And Let That Song Finish Playing

Go To The Farmers Market

Visit An Art Gallery Or Museum

Dance In The Rain Or Jump In Puddles

Create A Pet Rock

Have Dessert

Make Suntea

Let The Dishes Go Undone

Leave Flowers On A Friend Or Family Member’s Doorstep

Try Learning A Trending Dance

Fill A Box With Donations And Take To Your Local Shelter

As you can see, absolutely anything goes as long as it breeds happiness for yourself and/or others.

30 Day Happiness Challenge Setting Goals:

On the left side of your calendar, you will see a place to list Happiness Goals.

This is optional but helpful.

Granted, we know our goal is to create and increase happiness for ourselves and others.

This list area is a place for you to roadmap how to get there.

We all have our own individual time limits, family situations, and time commitments.

This is an area where everyone can list relevant, actionable methods to reach our desired outcome.

My list would look something like this:

Things that take 5 minutes or less.

Activities I can do from home.

Create happiness for self.

Spread happiness to at least 5 other people in my life.

As you can see, I have heavy time constraints right now and I am better suited for doing things I can accomplish from home.

I also want to be sure I make others happy in April, not just myself.

The main thing about the goal setting is to be very honest and reasonable with yourself.

It is perfectly okay if you do not have more than five minutes a day to focus on generating happiness.

That is really all it takes!

I would rather you set goals you can obtain rather than set goals you simply can’t and end up feeling unhappy about it!

The fact is each and every one of us can do this without breaking an emotional or mental sweat!

The planning may be the most difficult part but I think it is rather fun!

Besides, it is a challenge after all.

Will you join me in taking on the 30 Day Happiness Challenge?

What will you include on some of your calendar days?

Leave me a comment please and let me know!

30 Day Happiness Challenge With Printable

1. March 20, 2018 / 9:11 am

I LOVE this! This is something everyone could stand to do. It’s so easy to fall into the trap of being annoyed all the time, especially in this day and age when there are so many things coming at you at once.

• March 21, 2018 / 7:53 pm

Oh so true Stacie! With the Internet and TV we can’t get away from the negative sometimes. I think one of these days I will put NO ELECTRONICS for a day!

2. March 20, 2018 / 11:38 am

I ADORE THIS! I am notoriously happy and the reason is, is because I just appreciate life as much as humanly possible and I make sure that every single day I think about all the blessings I have in my life! 🙂
    PS: I sooooo remember when I had a pet rock – LOL!

• March 21, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Thank you so much GiGi!
      Indeed you are one happy person and I love it!
      Haha I hope you make yourself a new pet rock. That would be so fun!

3. March 20, 2018 / 1:17 pm

This is a great initiative for ! I love the ideas you’ve suggested, especially an extra five minutes enjoying my morning coffee. It’s a start!

• March 21, 2018 / 7:58 pm

Thank you so much Audrey! Indeed I usually drink my coffee while working and getting my brain in gear. Just spending some time enjoying it will be nice.

4. March 20, 2018 / 4:19 pm

What a great plan!! It will help you lift up your spirits and achieve happiness. I love that the calendar is empty and you can adapted as you see fit!

• March 21, 2018 / 7:59 pm

Thank you Jennifer and yes indeed the little things make a huge impact on our lives. Glad you like it!

5. March 20, 2018 / 5:43 pm

This is such an awesome idea! I think doing just little things can really help you feel better about everything going on around you. Thank you for the printable.

• March 21, 2018 / 7:59 pm

Thank you so much Sarah! I do agree the little things make a big difference for us.
      I am so glad you liked the article and printable.

6. Victoria Heckstall
    March 20, 2018 / 9:46 pm

What a great idea. This would amazing to do with the whole fam. I would love to take this challenge.

• March 21, 2018 / 8:00 pm

Thank you so much Victoria I am glad you like the idea and I agree it is something you can do with the whole family. There is a lot to learn from doing that!

7. March 20, 2018 / 11:05 pm

I absolutely love the focus of this! It can be hard to find joy each day depending on the circumstances life is throwing at us but it’s possible and this printable would be SO helpful!

• March 21, 2018 / 8:01 pm

Thank you so much Marissa! I love hearing that! I think the calendar printable just helps us stay on track and it can be fun to come up with the ideas. This can be done as a couple or family as Victoria pointed out in her comment.

8. March 21, 2018 / 12:34 am

I love this challenge. Happiness is something that we could all do our best to achieve it. Many people think if the get x job, fallin love with x, or buy x that they will be happy. Ive got bad news for them. Happiness has to come from God and within. I get that not everyone will agree but thats my personal experience.

• March 21, 2018 / 8:03 pm

Thank you that is so good to hear.
      You are so right too.
      Sure getting a new job or having more income is nice but we still find ways to spend it and we are still in the same happiness zone after!
      Happiness does come from our higher power, and from within ourselves.
      Thank you for sharing your feelings on that!

9. March 21, 2018 / 7:31 am

I love the idea of creating a pet rock, how fun! I can easily check off some of these already like eating dessert, no problem with that one! lol

• March 21, 2018 / 8:03 pm

Right? Thank you Melissa – I have no idea how or why that idea came to me but it would be FUN!
      Haha yeah I have no issue with that dessert idea either.

10. Kathy
    March 21, 2018 / 7:34 am

I think this is a great challenge. I would like to print this out myself, so thanks for the printable. I think this will be fun doing this challenge.

• March 21, 2018 / 8:11 pm

Thank you so much Kathy that is so kind of you to say!
      It was my first printable so please let me know if you have any issue with it.
      Enjoy the challenge.

11. March 21, 2018 / 8:19 am

I love this idea! I did a kindness unit with my girl scout troop, and I think it would have been easier for them to do something like this so they would have a visual of their goals.

• March 21, 2018 / 8:04 pm

Oh what a wonderful unit to do with the girl scout troop. What a nice compliment to hear this would have made it easier! That made me smile. Thank you!

12. March 21, 2018 / 8:42 am

Super cute idea and I am in! I love the little ideas you gave us, too. We don’t have to go to Disney World to be happy!

• March 21, 2018 / 8:05 pm

Yay! Thank you Terri I am so glad you like the idea!
      Truth me told, as much fun as I had my one time to Disney – it was also quite stressful lol.

13. March 21, 2018 / 7:14 pm

I love this challenge. Sometimes it just takes a challenge like this to give you the little push to realize the happiness in front of you.

• March 21, 2018 / 8:18 pm

Yay! I am so glad you like it Amy!
      Indeed sometimes we just need that gentle shove lol