Proper skin care is necessary regardless of your age. This article discusses Healthy Skin 2 Vital Elements that are necessary for your skin’s health and to look fabulous.

We see so much about anti-aging serums for us middle age women.

I use anti-aging serums, I use all sorts of creams, scrubs, etc.

There are specialized products for everything, from under the eye, to the neck.

However, even if you are not into skin care everyone needs to be concerned about their skin.

Healthy Skin 2 Vital Elements For The Healthiest Skin

Healthy Skin 2 Vital Elements Pinterest Image two women one applying moisturizer and one drinking water.

Disclosure: Affiliate links are used in this article. Clicking through these links does not mean the products cost you more but I may make a small commission to help with operating expenses. Thank you!

What I am talking about is keeping the largest organ you possess healthy.

Skin is the largest organ of your body with a general mass size of about twenty feet.

keep ourselves healthy these days so many of us ignore the largest organ we have.

Our skin serves a lot of purposes outside of covering what’s on our insides.

From regulating our body temperature to protecting us from microbes our skin is important so why not take the best care of it?

2 Vital Items For Healthy Skin:

Moisturizer is one of the two things every person should have in their skincare routine.

I suggest a moisturizer that contains an SPF protectant.

In a recent article, I introduced one of my favorite skincare lines.

The truth is however, I do not care what skincare line you prefer, just use a moisturizer, please.

Let the men in your lives know to use a good moisturizer as well.

We all need to be concerned with our skin health.

Applying moisturizer at least once per day is helpful.

I recommend applying both morning and night for truly healthy skin.

Shop Derma E Hydrating for affordable quality skincare products.
They are cruelty-free and fabulous!

The second thing your skin needs to be healthy is water.

I know you have all heard how important water is to our health overall but did you know that our skin needs water?

Water is absorbed by all of your other organs before the skin can absorb it.

That means if you do not regularly drink enough water your skin is dying of thirst.

This can result in flaky, itchy, or even damaged skin.

Water helps to rid the skin of toxins as well which is also invaluable to your health as a whole.

Our bodies lose water quickly throughout the day.

Sweating, or urination, consuming salty foods, or drinking alcohol, are a few ways we lose water.

We have to keep a steady supply on hand.

Having a bottle of water on your desk while at work, tucked into your bag when you go shopping, and just always having water on you will encourage you to drink more.

The Two Most Important Things To Have In Your Skin Care Routine

Hydration Is Vital For Healthy Skin:

Now I realize this information is nothing new to many of you but ask yourself:

Even if you already knew these facts, even if you already knew you should moisturize and drink plenty of water, are you doing so?

Are you applying moisturizer regularly?

How much water are you really drinking?

With all of the delicious ideas and recipes for mixing fruits and veggies into our water, you really can’t say water is boring.

If you have never tried adding some fresh fruit, herbs, or veggies to your water, you do not know what you are missing, it is just so refreshing.

Play around with mixing and matching different herbs, veggies, and fruits.

Healthy Skin Drink Infused Water Photo of water infused with mint, lemon and raspberries

Some of my favorite water infusion blends for healthy skin:

Strawberry and Sage
Lemon and Mint
Cucumber
Strawberry and Lime
Mango and Rosemary
Strawberry and Kiwi
Pineapple and Kiwi
Orange and Blueberry

Let your imagination go wild!

Leave me a comment, please.

Do you have any favorite water additives?

What is your favorite moisturizer?

I would love to hear about them!

Healthy Skin 2 Vital Elements Twitter Image two women one drinking water one applying moisturizer

1. April 24, 2018 / 12:04 pm

Good article, Joely. We all need healthy skin.

2. April 24, 2018 / 2:19 pm

Moisturizing is a great idea but I do not want my skin to be oily so it is hard to find a good one. Drinking is what the body and skin need and I tend to drink seltzer all day which helps. Infusing water is also a great idea for variety.

• April 24, 2018 / 6:43 pm

Melissa just look for a product FOR oily skin. It’s a bit of a misunderstanding that moisturizer causes the skin to be oily but I agree that skincare products for dry skin could make your skin feel more oily. Give Dermae a try – I have written about them on the blog here – they are not overpriced, cruelty-free NONE of the bad stuff in them and works wonders – plus they have a line for oily skin too! The fact is that sometimes, when our skin is not moisturized well it will over product oils trying to correct the problem and that can cause the oily skin you are having. I hope that made sense.

3. April 24, 2018 / 2:37 pm

These are some great reminders for everyone to keep their skin healthy and radiant looking. Living in Florida I always put on moisturizer with sunscreen before going out. I also drink a lot of water throughout the day I like all of your ideas for flavoring our water especially the pineapple and kiwi!

• April 24, 2018 / 6:44 pm

Oh indeed living in Florida you do want sun protection both the moisture and the SPF! I am glad you like the flavored water suggestions! The kiwi pineapple is SO yummy!

4. Ann Snook-Moreau
    April 24, 2018 / 2:43 pm

Who knew that you could have perfect skin in two easy steps? I recently found out that my skin (which I thought was super oily) only behaved that way because it was extremely dry. Now I’ve been moisturizing regularly and trying to stay hydrated to keep it looking its best!

• April 24, 2018 / 6:45 pm

Ann you nailed it! A lot of people think they have oily skin so they should not use moisturizer but like you found out – that is so not true. I am so glad your skin is back in good shape!

5. April 24, 2018 / 5:23 pm

I’m with you on the water! It’s all I drink and I swear, it’s one of the main reasons I get lots of compliments on my skin. That and my green smoothie every morning, and making sure I get a good night’s sleep. Now that I’m over 40, my face isn’t quite as forgiving after just a few hours of sleep as it was when I was in my 20’s! xx

• April 24, 2018 / 6:47 pm

Alison you are so right – water makes all the difference as does a good night’s sleep and a good diet! All valid ways to have great skin like you!

6. April 24, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Couldn’t agree more. When I was in college a dear friend got me into moisturizing my face every day. I’m so glad she did. To this day no one correctly guesses my age! And thanks for the ideas on different flavors to infuse water. I drink water or tea all day long and I’m always looking for new suggestions.

• April 24, 2018 / 6:49 pm

I am so glad you got into skin care at a younger age Sue! While it’s never too late the sooner we start the better!
      I think it is so awesome no one can guess your age correctly!
      You are so welcome for the water infusion ideas!
      I can’t get enough myself and love trying new to me blends.

7. April 24, 2018 / 7:01 pm

I’ve really noticed a down turn in my skin since my mid 30s and it doesn’t help that I moved to the Arizona dessert 3yrs ago so staying hydrated is difficult! Great tips, I definitely need to review my moisturizer choices!

• April 25, 2018 / 8:46 pm

Oh my indeed that dry heat can really do a lot of damage to skin. A LOT of water and moisturizer is needed. Glad you liked the tips! I have been to Arizona a long time ago and loved it.

8. April 24, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Very helpful information about skin. My skin is always so dry. I am trying to find a better skin care routine to help with the flaking and dryness. I need to find a great moisturizer to help my skin be healthier.

• April 27, 2018 / 11:13 am

Censie I have been really happy with Dermae for an affordable system. Works as well as the more expensive brands plus is cruelty free. I do hope you find what you love dry skin can be so irritating.

9. April 24, 2018 / 8:55 pm

I always choose a moisturizer that has SPF in it. As far as drinking enought water, I sadly don’t. I took advantage of how young my skin looked, until the 40s caught up with me.

• April 27, 2018 / 11:14 am

Tami sometimes I slack on drinking enough water too. Usually in Summer. This year I am making sure I drink plenty of it. Glad to hear you do use a moisturizer with SPF!

10. April 25, 2018 / 4:44 am

I love your post! I never thought that I need to drink so much water that it helps my skin. You made me think about! And I will promise that I will drink enough water! I love the idea of infused water!

• April 27, 2018 / 11:15 am

I am so happy to hear that my article motivates you to drink more water. I know we often hear things we are supposed to do but knowing WHY is really what makes a difference for us to take action. I am big on asking WHY when someone tells me something lol so I like to be sure to let others know the why behind the things I recommend. Infused water is so delicious! Hint: The longer you let it sit to absorb the fruit flavors the yummier it is! I had some of the best infused water at the hotel I stayed at for the BlogPaws conference last week. They must have infused it over night.

11. April 25, 2018 / 1:08 pm

I have been saying that I was going to start drinking more water for years. I really need to start. Especially since now I know how great it will be for my skin.

• April 25, 2018 / 9:27 pm

Indeed Jenny and it can be fun when you add some fruit to it 🙂 I do hope you start drinking more – its so good for you in many ways.

12. April 26, 2018 / 5:19 am

These are such great tips! I personally need to up my skin care game and this post of yours will really help a lot. For starters, I need to stick to the 8 glasses a day thing. It’s hard to do but I’ll get there!

• April 27, 2018 / 11:46 am

It is hard to do I do not disagree. Infusing does really help though. If you let it sit overnight it tastes so good you will really enjoy it and it won’t seem such a task.
      Glad the post helped Aileen.