By admission, I have been feeling lately that I have been slacking a bit. Yet I have been super busy at the same time. I had to recognize that I was not slacking as much as I was putting focus into areas I normally would not.

We can be so hard on ourselves.

When we get to feeling we are not living up to our potential, it’s important to take stock.

Is It Really Slacking Or Is It Recharging?

Is It Really Slacking Or Is It Recharging? Person lounging in hammock pinterest image

Yes, it is true, the weather has me all out of sorts.

I felt bad for the lack of fashion articles lined up for this month.

It’s difficult to be fashion inspired when in one day you can go from a tank and shorts to wearing layers and your most comfy cozy sweater.

I am also preparing for the BlogPaws conference which has me quite busy.

Super stoked about it and can’t wait for everything I will learn so it’s totally a great thing!

I have been dealing with my separation better and have really embraced my word of the year.

Figuring out my own routine has been a challenge but enlightening.

Each day is my own and I chose to look at it through a positive lens.

Getting yard work done when we’ve had some nice days feels great.

Spending quality time with pets and family and having my son back home is amazing.

Happiness Is Justin Bieber Doppelganger My son posing next to a Justin Beiber full sized cutout. Uncanny look-a-likes!

When You Are Doing For Self You Are Not Slacking.

I haven’t been slacking, rather I have been focused on areas of my life that deserve focus.

Areas that I normally only spend a few hours a day enjoying.

[clickToTweet tweet=”When we feed our own soul, everything we do has more meaning because it has a purpose. ” quote=”When we feed our own soul, everything we do has more meaning because it has a purpose. “]

At times we may feel life is nothing but an on-going transition.

In reality, without transition, we have little growth.

I have learned to welcome transitional phases of life.

Another thing I have learned to embrace is the change that comes along with it.

That “slacking” we are doing is really only a transition phase for ourselves to adapt.

As long as there is productivity in key areas of your life, you are not slacking.

Sometimes another area of your life may go out of focus, and that is usually okay.

As long as we keep that area within reach, and get back to it we are good.

Slacking Can Be Healthy

Is It Really Slacking Or Is It Recharging? woman in business suit laying on desk

I have an A-Type personality.

The fact, however, is I am very much A-Type when it comes to working.

Yet getting myself to exercise is like pulling teeth!

This is where a refocus has been healthy for me.

I have spent a little less time working while spending more time getting exercise.

Now, as I said we have to keep all areas in focus.

This means I have not stopped working.

I have just allowed myself to slow down to a level that makes sense for now.

For those who have a full-on A-Type personality, perhaps slowing down and not working out is healthy.

Yes, I said that!

I have some friends who live in the gym!

You know, gym-rats.

Spending some downtime with friends and family would be healthy for them.

Sure working out is great for us physically.

Yet, spending time connecting with loved ones is good for us emotionally.

Don’t get it twisted to serve unhealthy slacking.

Is It Really Slacking Or Is It Recharging? Bowl of colorful ice cream

Alright if you are anything like me you are already thinking, “well heck I can justify about anything now!”

Nope!

Don’t be tempted to twist this into a way to justify having that third bowl of ice cream.

“But it feeds my soul!” you say?

I scoff! LOL

The first bowl fed your craving, the second bowl fed your face. That third bowl, that’s pushing it!

Seriously though, as long as what you are focused on is helping you, or someone else, it’s a good thing.

Be that mentally, emotionally, financially, etc.

Remember, if it’s positive it’s not even slacking!

Recharging is so vital for our well-being.

Sometimes we really do need to simply slack off!

A lazy day napping is okay now and then.

Getting some rays lounging in a hammock, priceless.

Don’t be so hard on yourself.

Your body knows when it needs to recharge.

Go with the flow sometimes.

Are you a slacker?

What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

What areas of your life are you focused on currently?

What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Leave me a comment please, I love hearing from you!

Slacking? Person lounging in hammock twitter image

1. April 9, 2018 / 10:22 am

I’m a big fan of recharging. I think the only time it goes from recharging to slacking is when you “recharge” for days and days. Then it might be a little much. for me anyway.

• April 9, 2018 / 10:39 am

Haha yes indeed Stacie! A recharge for me is anywhere from a few hours to a day or a weekend at most.

2. April 9, 2018 / 10:44 am

Recharging is a MUST! For me, recharging could be a session in the gym, or going for a run. I don’t see myself as slacking, when I’m sitting around doing nothing!

• April 9, 2018 / 9:44 pm

So good to hear Danielle and your way of recharging sure are healthy to say the least!

3. April 9, 2018 / 12:48 pm

Sometimes I think we need to remind ourselves to slack off a bit, have some fun and recharge, I am always ready to jump into action and that isn’t really a great place to be 24/7.

• April 9, 2018 / 9:46 pm

Right! I know from the moment I wake up I feel like I am running the gauntlet. That isn’t good. I have been practicing slowing down in the mornings and keeping a steady but more relaxed pace during the day.

4. April 9, 2018 / 7:36 pm

I agree relaxing is a must to recharge. I use It as incentive!

5. April 10, 2018 / 5:09 am

This reminds me of something David Groggins has said recently about allowing others to justify their laziness. I totally struggle with the idea of taking time off but at the same time I need it and have a hard time doing it, so this helps give me that approval to do it.

• April 10, 2018 / 8:55 pm

Indeed and its OKAY when done for the right reasons! Sometimes we have to force laziness – depending on our personality type.

6. April 10, 2018 / 5:57 am

I totally think about this a lot! I work while the kids are in school, and the rest of the time, I am always with them. It’s hard to have any real down time when I’m not away from the kids, so I find myself trying to find a moment to simply think!

• April 10, 2018 / 8:55 pm

Indeed I remember those days well Marysa! You have to get at least 10 minutes of YOU time in there even if reading a book while they sleep.

7. Ruth I
    April 10, 2018 / 6:28 am

I’ve been going through this lately. I lost motivation and think I am just lazy. We all experience it. For now I am really want to keep motivated and have fun in work.

• April 10, 2018 / 8:56 pm

Indeed we DO all go through these stages! Don’t be too hard on yourself Ruth.

8. April 10, 2018 / 6:52 am

I listen to what my body says. Then I slow down, take a little time off and recharge. It’s a must for me to be productive.

• April 10, 2018 / 8:56 pm

Exactly and without having some down time I feel we end up being LESS productive!

9. Our Family World
    April 10, 2018 / 7:55 am

I do enjoy short moments of slacking off. It helps clear my mind of things. I take caution though, not to do it often because it might turn out to be a habit which might affect my productivity.

• April 10, 2018 / 8:58 pm

Haha exactly! All things in moderation. I also find in some of those times of relaxation is when I have my best and most inspired ideas!

10. April 10, 2018 / 2:21 pm

Relaxation and recharging goes hand in hand. I believe slacking is just totally different. We all deserve a much needed break. 🙂

11. April 10, 2018 / 9:45 pm

I wouldn’t call myself a slacker but I also enjoy some much needed down time with my pets and my husband since our kids are all grown up and would just come by and visit from time to time. It’s good to slow down and not work too hard!

12. April 10, 2018 / 11:11 pm

I would definitely consider myself a slacker to a certain extent. I do like the term ‘recharging’ better though. Like with my blog – sometimes I slack off a little because I need to recharge and refocus so I don’t feel so robotic