I will never forget how Fashion Beyond Forty began. One day I just walked by a full-length mirror like most days but the image I saw was startling. That was the day I decided to make a change in my life and get myself back! To become fierce again!

Fierce Beyond Forty New Name New Mission! Pinterest Share Graphic

Becoming Fierce Again:

Fierce! Beyond Forty Joely Smith Owner Writer in boho fashion blowing dandelion

Since then I have worked hard to be a stronger woman.

A more capable woman.

I learned to take care of myself.

In addition, I started Fashion Beyond Forty as a means to inspired myself to keep pushing toward a better me.

I will forever be a work in progress, as will my blog.

It is my hopes that along with my journey that I have also empowered some of you.

The roots of my blog will never be forgotten but as I have evolved, so must this blog.

There will still be fashion articles, I do love all things stylish.

However, I am sure many of you have noticed that over time the fashion articles have become less.

The number of fashion posts I have produced are not deserving of having a blog with the word fashion in the title.

Fashion is important to me but not as important as the sum of the parts that has become this blog.

In whole, my articles are about midlife and everything involved in being a midlife woman.

From staying healthy and active, to taking care of our skin.

Staying, or becoming empowered, to doting on our furbabies.

Learning new things, being fearless, and embracing who we are as we become wiser, refusing to grow old in spirit.

This is why I decided to rebrand my blog as Fierce Beyond Forty.

I want each and every one of my readers, midlife or not, to be fierce in life!

So what does fierce mean anyway?

What Fierce Means To Me:

Fierce! Beyond Forty Photo of Joely Smith Owner / Writer

Being fierce does not mean you have to try every new trend.

It does not mean that you have to be more than the woman next to you.

To be fierce we stand up for the woman next to us, we respect, appreciate and honor her.

We do not compete with each other or harm one another.

When we are harmed by a fellow woman we show strength in our resolve by understanding she has more yet to learn on her own path.

Fierceness comes from within.

It is what drives you.

What inspires you.

Being fierce means that you follow your own beat with confidence and pride.

Fierce means we do not make excuses for ourselves or apologize for who we are.

We are confident, we are empowered we are informed.

You Are Fierce If:

Fierce! Beyond Forty Joely Smith Owner Writer Close Up In Linen Top Wearing Sunglasses

You want to learn more about being healthy and taking care of yourself.

Desire to become more empowered through knowledge.

Seek to be your best and do your best each day.

Overcome struggles as best you can to push forward in life.

Empower other women in your life to be strong, brave and bold.

Seek to affirm your own inner beauty and positive mental outlook.

Put your own best interest first, yes ladies, this is okay!

You build other women up rather than tearing them down.

A fierce woman does not require the validation of others to know she is amazing!

Are willing to take a risk now and then.

You stand up for what you believe in.

What Fierce Women Are Not:

Fierce! Beyond Forty's Joely Smith Close up long tassel earrings tank top attempting an angelic look

Fierce women are not perfect.

We do not always have our makeup on point.

Our hair is not always perfectly coifed.

We have internal and external blemishes.

Our weight can fluctuate, we can be curvy or thin.

We struggle, some days we break down and cry.

There are days even the fiercest of women can feel like the earth is shattering beneath her feet.

The woman, however, with fierceness in her soul will stand up, dust herself off, clean up her smeared mascara and get back out there and kick the earth in the ass.

We do not give up, we never give in, and we are the women who keep the world spinning!

What To Look Forward To On Fierce Beyond Forty:

Fierce! Beyond Forty Joely Smith Owner and Writer Wearing A Floral Dress

I will absolutely still bring you my sense of style.

Moreso I hope to bring you awareness, knowledge, and plenty of empowerment.

Although I took a soft retirement from life coaching, it’s just too ingrained in me to stop entirely.

Through Fierce Beyond Forty I can help others with what I know, and what I am still learning.

I will be focusing on health topics, well-being, and enlightenment too.

DIY is becoming more important to me as a hobby so you will be seeing more of that on the blog.

You all know how crazy I am for my furkids so yes, you will see plenty of pet-related content here.

While I put more emphasis on our insides than out, I still love great beauty products and skin care so that will also be discussed.

Cruelty-free as always of course.

I will keep writing the monthly round-ups and Happiness Is articles.

And the occasional yummy treats, sports, tech, and geeky features will come through now and then.

So as you can see, not a lot is changing around here with the exception of my blog name which is far more fitting.

Are You Ready To Be Fierce With Me?

I personally know a lot of my readers and they are some of the fiercest women around!

It is my hopes that you will continue reading and enjoying the blog.

I hope you like the new name and new look.

It is still in the works so you may see other changes still yet to come.

Let’s take this midlife journey together and support one another.

Leave comments, I always respond and love to learn from you or help out if you need advice.

We are all in this together.

I have learned as much from you as you have from me.

Like my page on Facebook and let’s get to know each other better.

You also can email me through my contact page anytime if you just want to chat or set up a life-coaching session.

A new page devoted to Life-Coaching is coming soon!

Leave me a comment and let me know if you are living the fierce life or ready to!

What does fierce mean to you?

Who is your fierce role model?

Are there any specific topics you would like me to write about?

Fierce Beyond Forty New Name New Mission Twitter Share Image

1. May 14, 2018 / 12:57 pm

Hi Joely – I am so glad I finally found your blog since you re-branded it –
    I love it! Not sure how I lost track of you. I am on my way out of mid-life, sort of- got a little over 4 years to go before it’s beyond mid-life for me – at least that’s what I found when I googled the age for mid-life.

I’m afraid I’ve lost some of the fierceness – chronic worsening medical issues which caused me to retire a bit earlier than first anticipated along with ongoing limitations and fixed income has taken it’s toll when it comes to the fierceness you describe. Oh I still have it regarding other women – I love reading or hearing of other women who have done well in life. But aside from my two Beagle Ladiez, I don’t see too many others or get out since I can’t drive. I’m afraid beauty and fashion pretty much are non-existent for me; I care about fashion but at this point in my life – I have little need for it except that I do like to look good when I have the occasional doctor appt or even more occasional shopping trip except grocery store.

At this time I don’t really know of any specific topics – looking forward to your Life-Coaching page – I may be older than you but there might be something there I could use and I just like reading the blogs – I also liked your Facebook page. I think I am still following you on Twitter – need to check. Reading blogs and my other social media outlets is one thing that helps me feel connected – sad I know but sometimes truth hurts. 🙂 Kim

• May 15, 2018 / 12:07 am

Kim,
      To me you are still fierce!
      So many ladies totally give up and do not even care to dress nicely for the doctor’s office.
      Truth be told, you and I are not much different.
      I do not go out often at all anymore but I do enjoy being home so I am okay with that.
      When I do go out I do so when I feel good and can look nice for the occasion but mostly, I enjoy being at home with my furbabies and spending time outside.
      Chronic illness kept me from replying to you earlier even though I truly wanted to after reading your heartfelt comment.
      I do believe with my whole heart having our pets around keep us going at all some days.
      I think knowing we need to care for others, even our furbabies gives up the push we need at times.
      There is beauty in that and in them, and in YOU for loving them so much so beauty has absolutely not left your life.
      I will be 49 this month so I won’t be what the world considers mid-life forever but as long as I am here I will stay as close to on top of my game as possible haha.
      I do understand what you say though Kim. Being ill sucks in every sense of the word.
      Health is so important and having naturally good health is something I envy at times but so happy for those who have it.
      I just refuse to let illness, financial issues, which I also have since the husband took off, to deplete my spirit!
      I will leave this world when the time comes with my sense of humor, which is odd at times but I do not apologize for that and I will probably leave with all my opinions in-tact haha.
      Until that time comes I hope to bring some smiles to the faces of others here and there and share things that can empower and even maybe help heal some of our issues.
      Thank you so much for taking time to comment and say hi. I really love hearing that you like the re-branding and I do hope it helps me reach more readers like you!

2. May 14, 2018 / 1:11 pm

I adore this! I’ve been following your blog for a while, and I’m so excited to see the new direction you’re taking with your blog. I can’t wait to see what comes next!

• May 15, 2018 / 12:13 am

Thank you so very much Stacie!! That means so much to me and I love your blog too!

3. May 14, 2018 / 1:13 pm

I absolutely LOVE your new brand. It fits you and you life perfectly!

4. May 14, 2018 / 4:30 pm

Hi Joely – left a comment earlier but somehow it got lost – or do you have the ability to moderate turned on? I want to see if this comment goes through before I try to redo my earlier comment. By the way, love the re-branding you did with your blog – following you on Facebook too.
    Kim

• May 14, 2018 / 4:32 pm

Hi Kim – comment moderation is on until a person has 3 approved comments. I have been under the weather today – so slow to approve but I did get your other comment – I see it in here 🙂 Just going to approve and reply when feeling better. XOX

• May 14, 2018 / 5:20 pm

Hi again Joely – so sorry to hear you are under the weather. No hurry – I am not familiar with how WordPress works – my blog is on blogger. Sure do hope you get to feeling better real soon 🙂
        Kim

• May 14, 2018 / 9:16 pm

Thank you so much Kim! I took a nap and am up now responding to a few comments at a time. Appreciate the well wishes and patience. I used to use Blogger myself.

5. May 14, 2018 / 4:50 pm

I love everything about this post! I love your fierceness and the inspiration for me to be more FIERCE!

6. May 14, 2018 / 5:25 pm

Love the new name and look! I just turned 40.. yes, we are fierce! Looking forward to your future posts – you definitely have a great way with words.

• May 15, 2018 / 12:14 am

Thank you so much Marysa! Forty and Fierce is right! Happy belated birthday to you!

7. Rose Ann Sales
    May 14, 2018 / 11:55 pm

I like this post. Fierce for me, is being true to yourself, someone who knows how to respect others and someone knows how to accept their mistakes. One of my role model of being fierce is my mother she thought me a lot in this life.

• May 15, 2018 / 12:26 am

Exactly! That is perfect Rose Ann! I love that your mother is your fierce role model! That makes me happy to hear!

8. May 15, 2018 / 5:01 am

I love the new name and think that it fits you well. I love the word fierce, it is all encompassing of amazing things and I know this will be a great new change for you!

• May 15, 2018 / 10:14 pm

Thank you so much Melissa! I am so glad you love the name and the word Fierce! It is as you said an all-encompassing powerful word! Thank you for your support in my changes.

9. brianne
    May 15, 2018 / 5:58 am

I love this post so much, it is such an inspiration! I so need to become more fierce. One thing that got me is the taking care of myself!

• May 15, 2018 / 8:11 pm

Isn’t it crazy how we need a reminder to care for ourselves!? Don’t feel bad I have to remind myself too. I hope you have an awesome week and do something awesome just for you!

10. Ruth I
    May 15, 2018 / 5:58 am

I love the new name of your blog! So YOU and so fabulous.

• May 15, 2018 / 10:15 pm

Ruth that is absolutely so sweet of you to say. You just made me smile so much – thank you!

11. May 15, 2018 / 7:13 am

Fierce beyond forty is a great name. Love the attitude and rationale behind it. All the best and keep rocking fiercely!

12. Cat
    May 15, 2018 / 7:24 am

Congratulations on rebranding! Such a big step to make, and glad it’s for the right reasons! Will still be cheering you on and following your blog!

13. May 15, 2018 / 9:05 am

This is great. I like that it doesn’t really limit it to just the 40’s. It is beyond. But I also really like the message.

• May 15, 2018 / 10:16 pm

Thank you so much Rachel and you totally got it, I did not want to limit who my articles could potentially reach. I feel we all have so much to learn from each other regardless of our ages.

14. Gemille Sleweon
    May 15, 2018 / 10:06 am

I really admire your confidence and i’m so glad you’re so happy! This post was very inspiring.

• May 15, 2018 / 10:17 pm

That is so kind of you to say all I want to do is help and inspire others so that means a lot to me!

15. May 15, 2018 / 10:48 am

Awesome new look … I love redesign and the name is absolutely feisty and on point! Congrats and keep up the awesome, fiery work.

• May 15, 2018 / 10:18 pm

That is a huge compliment especially since I admire your blog so much too! Thank you Angela! You keep on being fierce too!

16. May 15, 2018 / 11:03 am

What a journey! I’ve been following your blog for years, absolutely love the new design and new blog name! Congrats!

• May 15, 2018 / 10:18 pm

Rika you are an absolute doll thank you so very much! I mutually admire the work that you do so that is a lovely compliment!

17. May 15, 2018 / 1:32 pm

I am totally into all of these changes. Being fierce is a great way to get the work done!

• May 15, 2018 / 10:19 pm

Thank you so much Wendy! Indeed there are so many times I think us women just feel we can’t push forward one more step but we do! So many fierce women in this world. I hope to inspire more with my new branding and I LOVE that you are enjoying them!

18. May 15, 2018 / 5:45 pm

I’m completely loving the new name, the changes, the motivation and the positivity! I cannot wait to see what the future has in store

19. May 15, 2018 / 10:20 pm

Lisa Marie thank you so very much for that lovely compliment! I really appreciate it and indeed that is exactly what I am hoping to do, inspire and motivate! Thank you!

20. May 16, 2018 / 7:54 am

I love the new look as well as the new name. Congrats, fierce woman! Here’s to more years of sharing great stuff!

• May 17, 2018 / 10:21 pm

Thank you so much Lynndee! That is so sweet of you to say!! Indeed here’s to many more years of fierce to you as well!

21. May 16, 2018 / 2:15 pm

Love the new name and the new mission! Plus I am obsessed with your shirt in the top photo, Stunning! Congrats on the rebrand 🙂