If there is one thing that brings me peace, joy, and happiness it is nature. I was born and raised in Kansas and I love being a midwestern woman. Today’s Happiness Is focuses on Kansas Nature, Sights and Sounds.

This is the first time I have uploaded a sound file to a blog post.

After spending time outside listening to the chirping birds, and hooting owls, I just had to share it with you.

Kansas Nature Sights And Sounds:

Kansas Nature Sights and Sounds Pinterest Image Kansas Landscape and Sky

You may have to turn your sound all the way up to hear it clearly.

The speakers on my laptop are terrible so I have to use an external speaker.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy these soothing nature sounds while you browse this post.

Kansas Nature Birds, Owl, Breeze, and Sunshine, can you hear the sunshine?

Okay, you probably can’t hear the sunshine.

I told you the sound was low.

Haha.

Seriously though for me nothing brings more happiness than the perfect day with perfect weather.

In Kansas, we get all four seasons which I love.

This year, like in many places we have had an extended winter like season.

Finally, I think the sun is breaking through and here to stay.

We do get many storms in Kansas in Spring.

That is fine, I enjoy a good storm too.

Kansas Nature is so pure and unadulterated compared to some places.

We are a capital city yet a small one.

There is still plenty of lands, parks, and untouched places to explore.

Kansas Nature Flowering Bush

Although I still have no idea what type of bush this is, I can’t wait for it to blook again this year.

If anyone knows what it is please leave me a comment.

I am dying to find out!

Kansas Nature Gorgeous Trees

Kansas Nature is amazing.

We have so many species of trees from ash to elm, hackberry to cottonwood.

Not to mention walnut trees which I will harvest in the Fall.

Kansas Nature Iliff Commons

I also can’t wait to get back to one of my favorite places, Iliff Commons.

One of Kansas many beautiful unadulterated places.

The above image was taken several years ago.

Iliff has changed a lot since then and I can’t wait to share some of the new additions with you.

I have changed a lot since then as well!

Yes, things change, but one thing that never changes is my love of Kansas Nature.

That is why it brings me so much happiness.

Such a peaceful place, especially if you live in the suburbs or country.

Even if you live in the city, everything is only about a 15-minute drive away.

One of the best things about living in a smaller city is that nature is just around the corner.

How about that Nature Sounds track again?

What is it that brings you joy and happiness?

Are you a nature person like me?

Were you able to hear my soundtrack?

Leave me a comment please, I love hearing from you!

Kansas Nature Sights and Sounds Twitter Image Landscape and Skyline

1. Ann F. Snook-Moreau
    May 1, 2018 / 11:32 am

Oh my gosh, your nature sounds made me smile so much! I am not an “outdoorsy” person by any means but after a long, LONG Canadian winter, springtime makes me so happy! I love nothing more than sitting outside on the first sunny, warm day with a good book and the birds chirping all around me.

• May 1, 2018 / 7:47 pm

Awee that is so good to hear Ann! I am glad you are finally getting some nice weather there too! If you ever need to hear birds chirp you know where to come ! 🙂

2. May 1, 2018 / 7:05 pm

I am not much of a nature person myself, but I can appreciate the beauty of it. The flower/bush you posted kind of looks like an orchid – the flower does anyway, although I am pretty sure it is not an orchid. It’s still really pretty nonetheless. Kansas sounds like a nice place. What does a walnut tree look like? I am so curious! I may have to google it, lol.

3. May 1, 2018 / 10:00 pm

Kansas. I have only driven through it. I have never really explored. I had no idea it was so beautiful. Maybe one day we will STOP when we drive through. Thank you for the is information. Love exploring nature.

• May 1, 2018 / 11:23 pm

It truly is Censie and if you ever do decide to stop on the way through just let me know I can lead you to some really nice spots around this area in Topeka! If you have time maybe we could grab an old time soda fountain drink at Ward Meade park too! That is a nice place to visit for sure!

4. May 2, 2018 / 6:04 am

I have never been to Kansas but it sure looks beautiful. I am such a nature person. I wish you could hear sunshine because we need to hear it coming. I think here in Kentucky we are going straight from winter to summer.

• May 3, 2018 / 10:13 pm

I am too Shelley! Sounds like we are of like spirits! I am sorry you did not have much of a Spring there. We didn’t have much of one either.

5. May 2, 2018 / 8:32 am

I haven’t been to Kansas but my husband has and he says he loves visiting. I too am a nature girl and I love just to feel a nice breeze against my face and to explore everything!

• May 3, 2018 / 10:15 pm

Ahhh indeed – we are actually having some very nice breezes right now – I was just outside enjoying them.

6. May 2, 2018 / 8:37 am

I haven’t been to Kansas, but I know friend who lives there and she loves it. It’s funny that the other day, I was reading up on something about meditation and self-care and one of the suggestions is to go out and enjoy nature. It’s one of my goals for the month to do that. 🙂

• May 3, 2018 / 10:14 pm

How cool you have a friend who lives here. It really is a lovely place to live and raise kids. Oh indeed meditation is wonderful and I prefer to do it outside when I can!

7. May 2, 2018 / 8:23 pm

I cannot agree with you more, happiness comes out freely surrounded by nature or when outside in beautiful weather. Being completely exposed to nature once in a while restores peace and happiness into my busy life.

• May 3, 2018 / 10:17 pm

As they say … great minds. I could not imagine a life where I could not get out and be in touch with nature.

8. May 3, 2018 / 12:30 pm

I must admit, I never considered Kansas to hold so much beauties. I need to visit over as soon as possible! Those pictures look amazing!

• May 4, 2018 / 1:35 am

Thank you Darryl. Kansas has some really unique places for sure. I am so glad you enjoyed the photos!