As a midlife woman, I am no stranger to aches and pains. It is so important that we stay active, healthy, and social as we age. I have knee pain among other pains that hold me back and cause limited mobility. While I am still at the stage of being able to “push through” the pain, many of you may not be. That is why I am happy to take part in the initiative and Hit Play On Living Life To Its Fullest.

Is Limited Mobility Slowing You Down? Hit Play! Pinterest Image For Sharing

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by DePuy Synthes as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.

Limited Mobility From Hip And Knee Pain: Hit Play On Life!

I advocate doing everything possible to stay active and have fun in our lives.

Midlife does not mean we should have to slow down.

Actually, It’s the best time to get going!

Limited mobility caused by hip and knee pain can make you feel like your life is on pause.

We do have options though and one of those options is to take action and Hit Play by finding a physician in your area who you can talk to about potential solutions.

Life is a lot more fun when you Hit Play.

By midlife, there is something I think we can all admit…

Ignoring a problem does not make it go away!

Is Limited Mobility Slowing You Down? Hit Play! Take a step to find out if joint replacement surgery is an option to get you back to doing the things you love. Because life is a lot more fun when you Hit Play.

This is a lesson most of us learn at an early age.

For some reason when we get older we get a bit more stubborn.

I too am guilty of this.

As they say: “I get it from my mama”.

That’s her, below.

We were walking the mall doing some serious shopping that day and paused for a great photo opp.

One of those days we both had to fight through the nagging pain.

How many times have you had to smile through the pain?

Is Limited Mobility Slowing You Down? Hit Play! Photo of blond woman (my mother) in front of a carousel

Dealing With Limited Mobility:

Some days the pain is easier to ignore than others.

There are days we feel like champions when we get through a full day of activity without surging discomfort.

Other days, when trying to do something physically basic the pain hits hard.

Is Limited Mobility Slowing You Down? Hit Play! me putting cushion on outdoor chair

Some of you may have options so please do not hesitate to get checked by your doctor.

No one should have to live with daily hip and knee pain.

Is Limited Mobility Slowing You Down? Hit Play! Graphic Reads: 78% of women consider hip or knee replacement surgery a last resort.

Don’t Let Limited Mobility Control Your Life:

Why is it we put our needs last on the list?

Especially when we can do so much more for those we love when we feel healthier.

My issue is in my knees but I am not yet a candidate for knee replacement surgery.

While I hope to never get to that point, if I do, I have Hit Play to thank for empowering me to know where to go and what to do!

Is Limited Mobility Slowing You Down? Hit Play! Graphic Reads" Women are more likely to develop osteoarthritis than men.

The above information in the graphic is worrisome.

It worries me because even though times are changing, women are still the primary caregivers within the family.

We want to keep up with enjoying our hobbies, playing with the grandkids, and activities we enjoy.

Ladies we simply must take care of ourselves as we age.

Let’s make a pact to age gracefully and do all that we can to put our needs first at this point in our lives.

By doing so we are really putting those we love first too.

So please, Hit Play!

I love hearing from you in comments.

Do you deal with hip or knee pain?

Are there days you find yourself “pushing through” the pain?

Will you Hit Play and start living the life you want again?

Does someone you love have these issues?

Will you talk to your doctor or ask your loved one to about hip or knee replacement?

Is Limited Mobility Slowing You Down? Hit Play! Twitter Image For Sharing

1. May 9, 2018 / 11:41 pm

My mother in law had hip replacement as she broke it and it as painful for her. The rehab and trying to get back to normal could be a challenge. Specially when you are an 80 year old. She can walk but uses the wheelchair when going out.

• May 10, 2018 / 3:34 pm

It does take time to recover for some indeed. It’s not a decision to be taken lightly but everyone’s doctor can let them know an estimated time to rehab and heal. I am sorry your grandmother struggle and yes the older we are the harder it is for us to heal. I think that is a good reason not to put something like this off when you know in advance you need it. In your grandmother’s case it was due to a break which she could not have helped.

2. May 10, 2018 / 9:46 am

This is a great and informative post. It is good to know that with all your pain you still have a great attitude. Hit play seems to be working for you. I will pass this post on to people I know with limited mobility.

3. Lesley
    May 10, 2018 / 10:23 am

My grandfather had a knee replacement and he, too, considered it a last resort but once it was done, he wished he done it years before.

• May 10, 2018 / 3:31 pm

I am so glad he went for it and had it done Lesley! Putting things off is human nature but it’s always nice to feel better once we just go for it!

4. May 10, 2018 / 11:08 am

My mom has severe joint problems and walking is very difficult for her. She will definitely find your post to be inspirational. 🙂

• May 10, 2018 / 3:30 pm

Thank you for sharing it with her. Putting off surgery is often a thing people do but once they get it done they wish that they had done it sooner!

5. May 10, 2018 / 7:01 pm

I haven’t hit that stage yet, although, one of my adult sons is headed there and it really bothers me. It is such a surgery choice but, he is and wants to remain active. Hit Play is a cool name for a group helping older adults keep their activeness and mobility.

• May 11, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Gladys I am glad you are not there yet but sad that your son is having problems. It is hard to decide on surgery I know but staying active is so important and I know he will be happier once it is done. I agree I thought that the Hit Play initiative was brilliant too.

6. May 11, 2018 / 4:24 pm

I know someone close to me suffers from pain. I feel helpless.

• May 11, 2018 / 4:44 pm

I am so sorry to hear that Garf. Truly. Pain is so debilitating and affects every aspect of life.

7. May 11, 2018 / 5:58 pm

I’ve never seen the effects of someone having a replacement, but I have a parent with extremely limited mobility. It’s a struggle everyday.

• May 11, 2018 / 6:07 pm

I am so sorry you have a parent with this issue. If they are in relatively good health otherwise I would talk to their doctor to see if there are options.

8. May 13, 2018 / 9:33 pm

The fact that your attitude is what pushes you through the pain is great. I know many women that have had hip replacement surgery and now they sit around and I can see their body is slowly giving up and into the pain. I’m going to show them this post. Kudos to you and your mom.

• May 15, 2018 / 12:12 am

Thank you so much Tina!
      The most important thing is staying active even if only through regular physical therapy.
      Once surgery is done it is not good to sit all of the time – we have to stay in motion even if low impact motion.
      I do hope that this article helps someone you know.