Admission time… As much as I love my sugar-dumpling furbabies, I am not a fan of traveling with them. However, recently my perspective has changed. Stick with me while I tell you how Red Roof Inn, a pet-friendly hotel changed my mind.

Pet-Friendly Hotel At Red Roof Inn Pinterest Graphic For Sharing.

Disclosure: This is a sponsored article between Fashion Beyond Forty and Red Roof Inn via Fresh Press Media. I only write about brands, products, and services I love and trust. I am using affiliate links in this post.

I’m sure you have heard of Red Roof Inn before as they are everywhere.

It’s popularly known as one of the best economy hotels in the U.S. and has more than 500 locations nationwide.

I guess I was living under a rock though because I did not know that pets always stay free.

As a pet lover, this is something I think I should have known.

In addition, there are no hidden charges for staying with your pet and get this, no cleaning fees!

Well behaved family pets are always welcome at Red Roof.

pet-friendly hotel Red Roof Inn happy family getting ready for road trip on a sunny day

Why I Hated Traveling With My Pets:

I do not like using the word hate.

It’s such a harsh word but truth be told, traveling with pets is stressful enough without having to worry about finding a nice pet-friendly hotel.

I tried it a few times, back in the day and I just got frustrated with hotels that said they were pet-friendly only to find out they really weren’t.

I am a responsible pet mama.

Cleaning up after my pets, making sure they do not destroy property, and so on.

Not that my precious babies would do that but you know.

I found that hotels would treat us much like we just ended a lease on an apartment!

If you have ever rented you know how that goes.

They always find some way to filter in some added charges for the smallest thing.

Plus, who wants to stay in a place you do not feel welcomed?

Pets our family.

We would not want to stay anywhere that did not welcome us, so we also want a place that welcomes our pets.

Red Roof Inn Brings Back The Happy Feeling Of Travel With Pets:

Red Roof Inn Pet-Friendly Hotel Dogs Playing In Dog Park

Red Roof Inn wants us to feel relaxed when we are involved in pet travel.

Not only do our pets stay free Red Roof helps us by making sure we have access to the nearest dog parks.

You can find dog park information on their site.

Outside of the scent of freshly brewed coffee to greet you when you arrive, Red Roof Inn offers us humans tons of Smart-by-Design® amenities.

I won’t list them all but a few that really stand out to me are complimentary gourmet coffee, snack centers, and enhanced in-room entertainment package with video games and more than 13 channels.

Red Roof Inn is such a wonderful place to stay for budget travel without sacrificing great amenities!

Oh and then there is the Red Roof Hassle-Free Guarantee:

If a customer has a concern during his or her stay, they will make it right. If they can’t resolve the concern, the customer doesn’t pay.

Red Roof Inn Pet-Friendly Hotel Really Do Love Pets:

Pet-Friendly Hotel At Red Roof Inn Me and Red Roof Rep at BlogPaws posing with an Instagram frame and cutout dog

Truly, it’s not a marketing ploy!

I recently had the chance to meet with some of the Red Roof people at the BlogPaws Conference.

Their love for pets is the real deal!

Pet-Friendly Hotel At Red Roof Inn Display from BlogPaws Conference of pets who have stayed with them

They devote a large part of their website to pets giving pet parents much-needed support such as pet travel tips.

Take A Sneak Peek At Red Roof Inn:

Staying at a pet-friendly hotel makes all the difference.

It also makes me want to start traveling with my pets again.

I may be headed on a short road-trip adventure this month since it’s my birthday month.

If I do, I plan to stay at Red Roof because Link, my doxie granddog, has made it clear he is coming too!

Kitties are loved and welcomed at Red Roof too.

I personally know many pet bloggers with cats that stayed there last month during the conference.

They had nothing but good things to say about their stay.

Pet-Friendly Hotel Cat Riding in car with head out the window like a dog

Are you ready to travel?

We have a very special discount code good until the end of June 2018!

Use my special discount link and save!

Use code 623853 for 15% off when you travel with your pet!

Pet-Friendly Hotel

I love hearing from you in comments.

Do you travel with your pet?

Did you know about Red Roof Inn’s Hassle-Free Guarantee?

Have you ever stayed at a Red Roof with your pet?

Where will your adventures lead you this summer?

Pet-Friendly Hotel At Red Roof Inn

1. robin rue
    May 8, 2018 / 10:45 am

We have a couple of Red Roof Inn’s near us (New Hampshire and Cape Cod), so this is good to know. Pet friendly places aren’t always easy to come by.

• May 8, 2018 / 11:31 pm

They really are not and it’s too bad but I am glad you have a couple of Red Roof Inn’s in your area!

2. May 8, 2018 / 11:18 am

We don’t travel with our pets but I wish we could. We have too many to bring! It’s nice to know that there are places where you can bring ’em though.

• May 8, 2018 / 11:32 pm

Haha I have been there! Actually, I still am – who am I kidding! It will be nice to get away with a couple of them now and then though. I am do a road trip!

3. May 8, 2018 / 11:49 am

When I did have a pet, we didn’t travel with him. I love that the Red Roof has this option. It’s really convenient for pet owners.

• May 8, 2018 / 11:33 pm

It truly is! More places are becoming pet friendly and far more dog parks and things to do with pets so it is nice we have places to stay when we take them with us.

4. May 8, 2018 / 11:56 am

We have brought our two dogs everywhere and most of the places are very accomodating but you have to find a pet friendly hotel. I have to keep Red Roof in mind for our next trip.

• May 8, 2018 / 11:34 pm

Glad that you now have one more option out there! I love that you travel with your pets always!

5. May 8, 2018 / 1:30 pm

It’s always great when pets are welcome! We just have cats though, and they prefer NOT go travel with us.

• May 8, 2018 / 11:34 pm

Haha I have known some traveling cats but mine are like yours. It’s my dogs that want to go with mom!

6. Cabdy
    May 8, 2018 / 1:57 pm

People travel with their pets more and more now. Nice to see hotels welcome our fur babies.

• May 8, 2018 / 10:19 pm

They really do as more places are becoming pet-friendly and we just love our furbabies so much!

7. May 8, 2018 / 2:27 pm

How awesome is this! I love going travelling with my dog and it is always good to learn of new places that open their doors to her as well as us.

• May 8, 2018 / 10:20 pm

Exactly and I love that not only does Red Roof welcome our pets – they do not charge us more for having the in our rooms!

8. May 8, 2018 / 2:41 pm

We have used a kennel or a neighbor to come in and care for our dogs when we are away. This is a great option for next time!

• May 8, 2018 / 11:35 pm

It sure is nice to know it’s now easy to take them with us thanks to Red Roof Inn.

9. May 8, 2018 / 3:34 pm

Sounds like my kind of hotel! It’s really nice to be able to take the fur babies out on vacation when you can find a place where they’ll feel comfortable and you won’t be stressed too! I think this is good news for all the pet owners like me who would like to vacation with their fur babies!

• May 8, 2018 / 11:35 pm

It sure is and it’s even better when they really ARE welcomed and nice for us not to have to pay extra! Happy travels with your fur kids!

10. May 8, 2018 / 4:20 pm

Years ago, the first real success I had online was my dog’s blog. I for some crazy reason let it go and expire, but boy do I miss it now. I bet this conference was fun. I love pet friendly hotels.

• May 8, 2018 / 11:36 pm

Jenn you should start a new one! The pet blogging niche is exploding!

11. May 8, 2018 / 5:25 pm

I am all about a pet friendly hotel stay, this looks and sounds like a lovely place to bring along my doggy for a stay. I need a vacation and when I try to plan one, I am always on the look out for pet-friendly places so I can bring Jenny the pug along.

• May 8, 2018 / 11:36 pm

It sounds like its time for Brandy and Jenny to take a nice road trip! Getting away from it all is so refreshing! Pugs are the cutest!

12. May 8, 2018 / 8:41 pm

Being a pet-mama to many pets, I love hearing that some hotels can actually accommodate our furbabies. The idea of travelling with my pets makes me so, so happy.

• May 8, 2018 / 10:19 pm

Me too and I need to do it more! Especially with a comfortable and affordable hotel to stay at that is so welcoming!

13. May 8, 2018 / 10:09 pm

We have 2 new adopted babies that we would love to take with us on vacations and it’s good to know that we have a place to stay where they’re welcome! Love this so much!

• May 8, 2018 / 11:37 pm

Aweee congratulations on your new furbabies! Thank you for ADOPTING too!

14. May 8, 2018 / 11:40 pm

I love hotels that allow pets. We moved from AZ to CO and needed a hotel that would accommodate our cats. We didn’t mind the extra cleaning fee added on, we were just grateful to have them with us and we didn’t have to be sneaky about it.

• May 8, 2018 / 11:44 pm

It is nice when you can find any hotel that will accommodate pets! I am so glad you found one. I do love that Red Roof Inn not only accommodates pets but welcomes them and it’s nice not to have to pay an extra cleaning fee too! I am so glad more places are becoming pet-friendly!

15. May 9, 2018 / 12:22 am

I didn’t know that the Red Roof Inn was pet friendly!! I am always on the go with my Sophie pup so this is good info! Thanks for this!!

• May 9, 2018 / 11:37 am

You are so welcome! They love pets and I know they will LOVE Sophie!

16. May 9, 2018 / 7:29 am

What an awesome program! I have always found it so stressful leaving my pet and making arrangements. Go Red Roof!

• May 9, 2018 / 11:38 am

I know right? Stressful for us and the pets! I hate leaving my furbabies. Red Roof ROCKS!

17. May 9, 2018 / 12:32 pm

It nice to have some ideas when it comes to traveling with pets. I have a lot of friends who are so limited by their pets, and it would be nice to have the option of bringing them along.

• May 10, 2018 / 3:27 pm

Indeed Marysa! They don’t have to leave them at home anymore.

18. May 10, 2018 / 9:48 am

I love reading reviews with pet friendly hotels. I guess now, people are more involved on having pets in the household and good thing the hotel industry and even restaurants also give way to being pet friendly too.

• May 10, 2018 / 3:28 pm

Exactly Anosa! Business will always adjust to the customer’s needs in time! Glad that Red Roof Inn was at the top of that list!

19. May 10, 2018 / 2:32 pm

This is great to know! We just got a puppy and I was nervous because we are also a travel-loving family, so I see a lot of red roof inn stays in our future.

• May 10, 2018 / 3:29 pm

Yay Trina! I am so happy that you have added to your family with a new puppy! How exciting! Indeed your pup is more than welcome to stay with you at Red Roof so you can stay a traveling family!

20. May 28, 2018 / 7:16 pm

We’ve been traveling with our dogs for years. Things have gotten so much better, hotels have really started to get the fact that pets are family and that we want to travel with them! Red Roof Inn is definitely one that goes the extra mile with no added fees, they make it so easy. There are still a lot of hotels that make it very difficult and expensive to stay with your pet, I think they’ll wise up soon enough! Thanks for sharing your discount code!
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

• May 28, 2018 / 11:31 pm

I sure hope other hotels wise up sooner rather than later Cathy! You are so correct people want to travel with their WHOLE family and that means pets!