What does Mother’s Day, midlife, and walking dogs wearing Reebok Trilux have in common? Read On…

Reebok Trilux, A Midlife Mother's Day, And Dog Walking Me With My Dog Lyla On The Trails

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Reebok as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.

So Mother’s Day is literally around the corner.

If you are a midlife mom like me, that means your kids are probably just starting out on their own.

They probably won’t be able to get good ol’ mom much for Mother’s Day.

Personally, I have no expectations from my lovely kids.

Seriously, none and that’s okay because I can treat myself!

Let me tell you why Reebok Trilux from Academy Sports is making me a happy, and a comfortable woman this year on Mother’s Day!

Reebok Trilux Makes Me A Happy Mom:

Reebok Trilux, A Midlife Mother's Day, And Dog Walking Close up of the shoes grey and black with sparkle laces

It’s bittersweet that us midlife moms no longer get the cute hand prints, homemade cards, and crafty things made by our kids.

Having young adult children basically means they are struggling to make ends meet while they begin lives of their own.

My expectations are not high ladies.

Are yours?

If you are in the same boat as me, I have a suggestion and it’s a good one!

Now don’t get me wrong, my kids are awesome and I know that they love me.

It’s just that I would rather they spend their money on their own needs.

I am not a mom who ever made a fuss over Mother’s Day.

Besides, I prefer practical items I can choose for myself.

Practical, comfortable and yes, stylish!

I get that practical gene from my mother.

A Little History About Me And Reebok:

Reebok Trilux, A Midlife Mother's Day, And Dog Walking Lyla and I ready to hit the trails.

My love for Reebok goes way-way back.

I used to be an aerobics instructor, back in the dark ages of the late 80’s.

Reebok was the brand I recommended to all of my students.

The Reebok Trilux are durable, they are super comfortable, and they are very flexible.

Reebok Trilux, A Midlife Mother's Day, And Dog Walking Lyla and I headed up the trail photo from behind us.

Trilux also forms to the shape of our feet perfectly, and they look great.

I always say I will never sacrifice comfort for style and with Reebok, I never have had to.

Fur Mama’s Celebrate Mother’s Day Too:

Reebok Trilux, A Midlife Mother's Day, And Dog Walking Lyla and I looking at each other.

Being a dog mama means I am walking, a lot!

I have to walk each of my pups separately because Link likes to run and go fast on the trail.

Lyla, however, needs an easier path, goes much slower, and cannot walk as long.

So lately when I walk my furkids, who have filled the empty nest within my home, I have worn Reebok Trilux.

Reebok Trilux, A Midlife Mother's Day, And Dog Walking resting under a tree I scratch Lyla under her chin.

My dogs get their special walks at the trails on Sundays, which just happens to be Mother’s Day.

You see where I am going with this right?

I will be spending Mother’s Day walking my pups in comfort, thanks to Reebok Trilux!

About Reebok Trilux And Why They Rock The Dog Trails:

Reebok Trilux, A Midlife Mother's Day, And Dog Walking Lyla looking at the camera with a smile while sitting between my feet.

Now I have always loved Reebok as I said, but this specific style is new to me.

As expected, Reebok did not let me down!

The Trilux are great for every type of surface for walking my fur babies.

On the track or on the trails.

Or just showing mutual admiration under a tree.

Reebok Trilux, A Midlife Mother's Day, And Dog Walking Lyla and I looking at each other with adoration.

I love the no-slip tongue on these shoes and the sparkly shoelaces.

Just the right amount of bling for my stylish side while having all the support and comfort I need.

Functional yet fashionable, just the way I like it.

The Trilux is a great everyday shoe and for all of my spring activities.

Yes, my furbabies will keep me busy this Spring and Summer walking the trails, tracks, and fields.

I love it because they keep me up and moving and keep me active!

Quality comfortable shoes are necessary when you have kids or furkids.

All moms deserve to have good foot support and be stylish.

I need to get my mother a pair for our walks together too.

They are the perfect gift for Mother’s Day.

You can get the Trilux in the color I am wearing, black/grey, or in white/light grey at Academy.

I would love to hear from you in comments.

How are you treating yourself or someone else for Mother’s Day?

Which Color of Reebok Trilux will you choose?

Do you shop at Academy?

What is your favorite low impact activity?

Are you a mom or furmom?

Do you like comfortable fashion?

Grab yourself some Reebok Trilux and treat yourself for Mother’s Day!

1. May 10, 2018 / 1:15 pm

I love this! I had my daughter at 38 so even though I’m midlife she’s still home with us. These shoes sound great and I need some new walking shoes (great that they work on all surfaces). Will check these out! Thanks and love the new branding!

• May 10, 2018 / 3:37 pm

Thank you so much Kristin for the compliments on the new branding! Enjoy your daughter as long as you can they do indeed grow too fast! I had no idea you were midlife! You look SO young! Keep drinking the magical water haha!

2. May 10, 2018 / 3:32 pm

Those shoes look really comfy! And I love that you said you’d rather have your kids spend their money on themselves–sounds like you’re a really great mom. My favorite low impact activity is walking or swimming, and I wish I did yoga more. I do need to get a new pair of work out shoes that I would only use inside the house, so I’ll check these out!

• May 10, 2018 / 3:35 pm

Thank you so much Jamie! I need to get back to swimming myself! I miss it! Thanks for checking out the Reebok Trilux for yourself.

3. Shelley King
    May 10, 2018 / 5:42 pm

I always need comfy shoes. I’ve always been a NB walking shoes wearer but these look amazingly comfortable. I would pick the black and gray! I have two furbabies, 21 year old step son, a 12 year old son, an 11 year old son, and a Marine husband. We are always on the go. Checking these out for sure! Time to change it up!

• May 11, 2018 / 4:49 pm

Aweee give love to your furbabies for me and with three kiddos it sounds like you will have a fun filled mother’s day! You will LOVE the Reebok Trilux!

4. Tammy olson
    May 10, 2018 / 8:32 pm

Great article. Sweet doggie and I love the shoes!!!

• May 11, 2018 / 4:51 pm

Thank you so much! Yes our Lyla is the sweeties but your boys are super sweet too!

5. Melanie
    May 10, 2018 / 10:43 pm

I have seen a few people with these shoes, but I did not know what brand that they were. I like the color scheme of the shoes. These look comfortable, and it’s good to know that they work well when walking.

• May 11, 2018 / 4:46 pm

They do have a fun color scheme for sure and I know they do not show well in the photos but the laces on mine are sparkly which is a fun thing. They fit and feel amazing!

6. May 11, 2018 / 1:52 am

I’ve seen these around but never knew what brand they are and where to get them. They seem quite comfortable. I love taking my daily walk in the park and then sitting on a bench reading a good book for hours at an end, so these should do the trick quite nicely.

• May 11, 2018 / 4:50 pm

Your daily walk and enjoying a great book sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day!! Indeed the Reebok are superior quality shoes plus they are super cute!

7. May 11, 2018 / 4:53 am

I could definitely use some new tennies and they would make an ideal Mother’s Day gift. It’s so important to have a good pair of walking shoes with adequate support and Reebok always fits the bill.

• May 11, 2018 / 4:48 pm

It’s true – I don’t know if people realize how important it is to take care of our feet and wear quality shoes. I am guilty of wearing the cheap shoes now and then but only for short periods of time. Reebok gives all the support and comfort we need. I hope you treat yourself for Mother’s Day and have a wonderful day filled with love.

8. May 11, 2018 / 8:07 pm

Your shoes look very comfortable! Time outside with your dog is a great way to spend the weekend. We are going to dinner tomorrow evening then spending the day with my husband’s mom Sunday.

9. May 13, 2018 / 11:14 am

I didn’t even know I wanted a pair of these until I read your mother’s day post! Now I’ll be clicking the link. 😉 Happy Mother’s day to your human and furkid mom self! Hope you have a spectacular day!

• May 13, 2018 / 11:21 am

So glad you love them too Denise! Happy Mother’s Day to you!! I hope it’s the best!