Home » Lifestyle » Versatile Blogger Award Thank You McSquare Doodles!

Last week my friend Irene McHugh sent me a message telling me she had included me in her recent post and linked to my blog. A bit cryptic of a message so of course, I was curious. It’s not totally uncommon to link to each other in a blog post but imagine my surprise when I discovered that Irene had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!

Versatile Blogger Award Pinterest Share Image

About Irene And Her Blog:

Versatile Blogger Award Bernie and Lizzie McSquare

Meet Bernie and Lizzie McSquare, the Stars of McSquare Doodles

Irene is an amazing person, pet lover, and blogger. She writes McSquare Doodles. Please see her nomination post where she has also linked other amazing bloggers you will love.

You will also love Irene’s blog. She is the winner of the BlogPaws 2018 Nose To Nose Award for Best New Pet Blogger and that title is well deserved!

If you are thinking about getting your dog certified as a therapy dog and want the best life possible for your pup, McSquare Doodles is for you! Irene has a passion for sharing unconditional love through therapy dogs with those who need it most.

You will also adore her pups Bernie and Lizzie McSquare. Both adopted furbabies who have made Irene’s house a home.

I love following Bernie and Lizzie’s adventures with their furmom and seeing how they each progress on their training journies. Lizzie truly is an inspiration for all pet owners striving to certify their pups as therapy pets or any animal lover who enjoys learning more about raising healthy happy pups.

So what exactly is the Versatile Blogger Award?

The Versatile Blogger Award is a peer to peer award.

One blogger nominates another.

Nominations should be decided upon the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Also to be considered are the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them.

The Versatile Blogger Award is a way to honor fellow bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then.

I am honored to have been nominated not only be an amazing person but a friend and someone whose blog is so impressive itself!

Once Nominated One Must Accept Their Award By…

Thanking and linking back to the blogger who nominated them.

Selecting 15 other bloggers to nominate.

Telling 7 Things About Yourself.

Since being nominated is such an honor one does want to be selective in who they nominate.

And we get a beautiful badge to display on our site!

Versatile Blogger Award Badge
Note To Nominees:

Nominees do not have to accept their awards.

Sometimes a blogger may pass up this award if they have previously been nominated and participated.

This is perfectly fine and understandable.

It is up to each blogger if they wish to participate.

Irene has made this task a bit difficult for me since she has already nominated so many exemplary bloggers.

Check them all out in her post.

My Nominees:

Elegantly Dressed and Stylish

Daily Dog Tag

Dash Kitten

IncrediBull Stella

The Lazy Raw Feeder

Where Pets Are Found

Yeah, I did 17 – sorry not sorry – there were just too many great blogs I could have gone on forever!

7 Things About Me:

I have an affinity for trains. So much so that I fall asleep to a live train cam from Norway every night.

Bridges freak me out! In addition to having a fear of heights bridges are the worst! I literally can have a panic attack going over especially high bridges.

No stranger to the dramatics, I have been in several live theatrical performances and have been in small films.

My most recent sci-fi love is Legion. It’s a total mind trip!

Merlot is my favorite type of wine with Chardonnay being a close second.

I respect all living beings and can’t even kill an ant, spider, or fly.

Horses used to be a major part of my life and I would love to have one again someday.

Once again, a huge thank you to Irene McHugh of McSquare Doodles for my nomination and award.

Please check out her blog and the others I have nominated.

Each of them offers such wonderful articles on various topics.

I am sure you will all find a new blog you absolutely adore!

Who would you nominate?

Are any of your favorites on my nomination list or Irene’s?

What awards are you proud of?

Leave me a comment, please.

Versatile Blogger Award

1. May 29, 2018 / 5:16 pm

You rule breaker, you! Nominating 17 blogs. LOL! I wish I had thought to nominate more. It truly was difficult narrowing down my picks, and I was trying to choose people outside of our circle of blogger peoples too. I’m glad you had fun with the spirit of this award. I’ve been reading several more blogs because of this award. So many bread crumbs to follow in various directions. Your seven things are great. I’m also not a fan of bridges…or tunnels. Short tunnels are fine, but long ones freak me out! I haven’t watched Legion, but I’ve read both novellas by Brandon Sanderson. His world building is phenomenal! If you haven’t read his stuff, I highly recommend his works.

• May 29, 2018 / 7:37 pm

Hahah thank you Irene and yeah gotta break some rules now and then. At least they are “safe” rules to break right?
      I could have nominated forever.
      I thought it was going to be hard but once I got going it was hard to stop.
      Plus, I left off so many I remembered after the fact and felt bad about that.
      Oh I would love to read the books and honestly I did not know there were books!
      Going to find them!
      Thanks for the recommendation on those!
      I love your 7 things too.
      I also love critter socks!
      So awesome getting to know more about each other!

2. May 29, 2018 / 6:57 pm

Congrats! How wonderful to be nominated by one of your peers. I admire versatility and flexibility and strive for this in my own life as well. I love your list of interesting things and also love Merlot.

• May 29, 2018 / 7:38 pm

Thank you so much Debra!
      I love that you also strive to be versatile and flexible!
      Oh indeed I could use some Merlot – its been too long.

3. May 29, 2018 / 9:24 pm

Thank you so much for the honor of your nomination! I cannot wait to read through your and Irene’s nominations. So much fun! I can’t wait to hit Friday so I can start my nominations! 😉

• May 30, 2018 / 12:16 am

You are so welcome Denise! I am so glad to call you my friend. When I met you and Kristin at BlogPaws it felt like we had known each other forever! You are an amazing blogger and totally deserve to be nominated and awarded! I can’t wait to see your post!

4. May 30, 2018 / 12:50 pm

Congratulations on being nominated and it’s nice that you shared 7 things about you. It’s interesting that you’re afraid of bridges, that must be really hard. I on the other hand is scared of pets. Any nice cute dog would scare the life out of me. And I don’t know why and I can’t control it so I know what you mean when you’re scared of bridges, it’s like.. it’s just built in and we can’t shake it off.

• May 31, 2018 / 9:35 pm

Thank you so very much Kathleen! Oh no that is too bad you are afraid of pets but I suppose it sounds strange that I am afraid of bridges too lol. It’s also strange why we are afraid of some things and others are not. It’s like you said – it’s just something built into us.

5. June 2, 2018 / 8:41 am

Congratulations on the nomination! That being said, it’s great to know more about you! That’s amazing about the films by the way, can you give us some titles? 😀

• June 3, 2018 / 8:49 pm

Thank you so much Aileen! They were really small indie like films one was called Traveling Light and another was called Fire and Rain. I believe there may be another more popular movie called Fire and Rain. I was not in the popular one lol.
      In theatre, I was in Home Alone as Janie, and Arlie in Getting Out which was a split stage with two leads. I was the younger lead ( it was decades ago). It was a very heavy hitting performance. They even brought in therapists to be there for the audience after the performance if they needed help dealing with the material. This was before the Interwebs though – before we all became desensitized to violence, rape and such. I was also in some musicals like Grease which was a ton of fun. Wow I miss those days but I have no idea how I ever remembered all of the lines!

6. June 2, 2018 / 7:07 pm

Thank You so much for nominating me Joely! I really appreciate it. I love that you couldn’t stop at 15 and had to go to 17 – why not share the love even more! OMG, I am terrified of bridges too and we have so many in NY city. Any time we want to leave Long Island there is at least one bridge you need to go over, and many times you’ll need to cross 2 or 3 to get where you’re going. I’m so impressed that you have a theater background, theater is one of the things I love about NYC, there is so much great theater.
    Love & Biscuits,
    Dogs Luv Us and We Luv Them

• June 3, 2018 / 8:51 pm

You are so welcome and it is so deserved! Even though I went over 15 I still left out so many deserving blogs and bloggers.
      I have got pretty much used to the bridges around here where I live but I sure do not like when I travel and have new ones I come across! SCARY!!!
      Oh indeed NYC is the mecca of live performances! I saw Sugar Babies in NYC when I was young and A Chorus Line in my teens! I wish I remembered more of them. I have a horrible memory!