Home » Lifestyle » Happiness Is » Blasting Into July A Happiness Is Series Post

So Jumbled June is over, thankfully. As hoped, July has started off wonderfully. I am really happy fireworks are over, as they make my Lyla terribly anxious. Yet my energy is still blasting into July with friends, fun, family, and antics.

Happiness Is articles are a series on the blog that highlights the small things that bring joy to my life. Check out more here.

Blasting Into July A Happiness Is Series Post Pinterest Share Image

June wasn’t all bad though.

My daughter and I had some fun attending a local comic store event and playing with lightsabers at her place.

Her boyfriend picked these high-dollar toys up at ComicCon.

I won’t even go into how jealous I am that he got to go!

Blasting Into July A Happiness Is Series Post Playing With Lightsabers

Blasting Into July A Happiness Is Series Post my daughter posing next to Rickmobile

Blasting Into July, Health:

The downside of June is that I found out my cholesterol is sky high.

Never a good thing but with Type 1 Diabetes it’s a really bad thing.

So I set out to get back on track with my diet and exercise.

I have lost a lot of weight but in addition, I am feeling so much better overall.

My mom is a good inspiration for me when it comes to getting in shape.

Blasting Into July A Happiness Is Series Post

She will kill me if she finds this photo on here but it’s worth the risk.

Blasting Into July, Dating:

Dating has been, enlightening to say the least.

It’s funny the games divorced people play.

Most men my age are divorced.

Personally, I do not play games.

I tell it like it is.

I can be subtle but I choose not to be.

Speaking of divorce, I finally received the papers I have been waiting on to start my own proceedings.

With brings me to this sidebar:

Note To The Soon To Be Ex: Hey dipshit, since I know you stalk my blog, please forward me your mailing address so we can get this deal done!

He admitted to checking the blog for updates on the pets and myself.

Anyway, lol back to the good stuff…

Blasting Into July With Friends:

Another great thing about getting back to oneself is reconnecting with old friends and making new friends.

One of my two best friends of all time and I had some crazy antics and fun to help her daughter set up a new home.

Blasting Into July A Happiness Is Series Post

This woman drags me across state lines to buy a porch swing and find a cushion for it!

Gotta admit though, this set up is CUTE AF!

And of course, shopping always means those bizarre finds…

Blasting Into July A Happiness Is Series Post

Don’t even ask what’s going on with my eyes.

Couldn’t do that again if I tried.

No, I did not buy the mask.

Goals For July:

My number one goal is to continue to focus on my health and working out.

Not just for the sake of getting my cholesterol down but because good health is everything.

Especially at my age.

I refuse to go into my 50’s feeling like crap.

I’m a bit obsessed with working out at this point.

What I really want to do after I get down to 125 is get toned, if not possibly ripped, but we shall see.

For now, I just need to hit goal weight and tone up.

Currently, I weigh in at 129, so not far to go.

At only five foot three inches tall, 125 is reasonable.

It’s not all about weight though.

I have totally overhauled my diet and am eating 90% vegan.

My exception is if out with friends or on a date, which is only about once a week or so.

This month, for me, Happiness Is, blasting into July with a bang!

What brings you happiness?

I would love to hear from you in comments.

I hope all of you have a bang on July and blast your goals!

What are you up to so far this month?

Did you have a good holiday?

What are your goals?

Blasting Into July A Happiness Is Series Post Twitter Share Image

1. Ann Snook
    July 9, 2018 / 1:02 pm

Good job at working on your health and fitness! My goals for the month include texting my far-away friends more often, entering a writing competition, and practicing French multiple times a week. Happy belated 4th of July!

• July 10, 2018 / 9:57 am

Thank you so much Ann! Oh you have some great goals for July! I LOVE them! It can be hard to stay in contact with distant friends so I love that idea and I wish you the best in your writing competition! I know you will do great! I would love to learn a new language so this one really “speaks” to me lol. Happy belated 4th to you too!

2. July 9, 2018 / 1:22 pm

My kids and husband bring me happiness. I love that I can stay home and be with them. I love how active you are in your 40’s. My mom is 51 and just started on the dating scene but she said it is way, way harder to find someone who is interested in you and not just “other” stuff.

• July 10, 2018 / 10:06 am

Thank you for sharing what makes you happy Felicita! It is wonderful to be able to stay home with the family! Your mom is right! Although I hear it is the same for the younger people as well. The problem with us “older” people is that we are all so set in our patterns and it’s harder to find time to spend with someone else. Most are not as willing to get together on a moments notice to hang out for a few. I think younger people are more ready and willing to do that! I am sure she and I will get it figured out though. I am having a blast so far!

3. lisalisa
    July 9, 2018 / 4:51 pm

I love your blog! I so feel you on taking control of your health. I myself had a report that my cholesterol is high so I’m working to take better care of myself also. My July blast of Happiness will be spending more time with my new grandbaby and kick starting a daily walk in the mornings.

• July 10, 2018 / 10:07 am

Thank you so much! That gave me the biggest smile. I am sorry you also had a report of high cholesterol! I just stay away from anything from animals and it seems to be working – a lot!
      I love your plan to kickstart your July!
      Enjoy your grandbaby and keep up with the walks! What a great way to start the day!

4. Shelley R King
    July 9, 2018 / 5:28 pm

OMGOSH! I love this so much! I am also divorced and I don’t think it is my ex stalking as much as his girlfriend. There are so many times I want to say Girllllll if he will cheat with you he will cheat on you!!! Dating SUCKS! There is light at the end of the tunnel though. I just married again, and I thought I never would, to an amazing man with no games! It can happen! I love your control on health. I am working more on that now that I noticed how much happy weight adds up to! Good luck to you and I really enjoyed this article so much!

• July 12, 2018 / 8:47 pm

Oh wow yes that happens too!
      I am so happy for you Shelley!!
      Haha yes the happy weight adds up the same as depression weight!
      It feels good to be getting back in good health!
      Thank you on the good luck wishes and telling me there is a light there in that dark tunnel.
      I have not given up!

5. July 9, 2018 / 5:45 pm

Way to go girl!! I’m so happy you are moving into such a wonderful space! You also had me LOL, belly type, sending the message to the Ex. Hopefully, he reads and follows through. I too am working on diet/exercise/health. I’m loving using a new cookbook “Against All Grains”. Not giving up grains entirely but made zucchini noodles for pasta the other night and the hubby, as well as myself, LOVED them!

• August 18, 2018 / 8:14 pm

Thank you so much Denise! I need to check out that book! Best to you on your diet and exercise! I am holding firm at my desired weight but speaking of firm, still working on firming haha! Miss you – thanks for stopping by!!

6. July 9, 2018 / 8:13 pm

You can do this and I know that before long your cholesterol will be under control. I love all the adorable door mats you found and the hedgehog one is my favorite. I hope you have a ton of fun adventures in July!

• August 18, 2018 / 8:16 pm

Thank you so much Gwendolyn! It helps to hear positive reinforcement like that!
      I love the hedgehog doormat too!

7. July 10, 2018 / 6:59 am

Can see you had a great time in June and am sure you are gonna rock in July. June was all about new travel experiences and July brings in more travel for me. Let us rock July!

• July 12, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Thank you so much Vyjay!
      Indeed let’s rock July!
      I hope you have the best!

8. July 10, 2018 / 7:59 am

Wow, you are making huge changes in your life. You are so close to your weight goals, that is so impressive. Hopefully those divorce papers get signed!

• July 12, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Thank you, Rachel, I sure am!
      I am looking forward to a lot of positive change.

9. July 10, 2018 / 8:36 am

I love your note to your ex on here, that is too funny. My parents went through a messy divorce and at first, they could not even be in the same room, my wedding, but after a few years they were able to cohabitate a place, they even jokingly call each other dipshit. lol That sounds like a really hard thing to go through and then getting back out and dating would make me become a nun, you are so brave.

• July 12, 2018 / 8:49 pm

Haha thank you Melissa!
      It’s awesome that your parents are now friends!
      LOL yeah dating is….interesting!

10. Gemille Sleweon
    July 10, 2018 / 10:36 am

I love that you said you’re going to be working on your health and fitness. I’ve dedicated time to health and fitness this summer as well. I’ve been eating a lot better and exercising regularly! I wish you the best of luck in your summer goals.

• July 12, 2018 / 8:50 pm

I am so glad to hear that you are on the same path right now!
      Thank you for the good luck wishes.
      I am thankful for gyms and having a treadmill at home.
      It’s been so hot my outside walks have been halted!

11. July 10, 2018 / 4:35 pm

Such a fun way to start July! I am super jealous that you saw the Rick Mobile, sadly there are no stops close to home. Congrats on all your progress towards your health and fitness goals. You’ve got this! I’m hoping to transition to a vegan diet too.

• July 12, 2018 / 8:51 pm

You know I am SHOCKED that Rick Mobile showed up here!
      We rarely get cool things like that in Topeka, Kansas.
      Cool to know you are also a fan!
      That show … lol cracks me up.
      Good luck on your transition to vegan.
      I feel so much healthier when I am eating vegan.

12. July 12, 2018 / 11:21 am

Love this!!! I am looking at 50 next year and I decided that I was going to work toward fabulously 50- It’s a big pill to swallow since in mind I’m 25. It’s so hard to change our diet and add all this healthy stuff but we have to! You can do it! Let’s connect on Facebook, I’d love to follow along and encourage each other!!!!

• July 12, 2018 / 8:52 pm

Right!? LOL I feel so young mentally. Not so much physically though. I just do not know how people ever accept being OLD in their minds.
      I would love to connect on Facebook too! I will find ya!

13. July 12, 2018 / 10:10 pm

Good luck with the health goals. Something I struggle to overhaul too. I’ve been a vegetarian since 1986 but I’m not vegan. I do tend to go with more plant based food but I’m not sure I’ll ever go the full vegan switch. For example, I drink almond milk but I do buy regular milk from time to time, usually if I’m making yogurt which I think I might do this weekend! Likewise I’m not concerned if cookies or ice cream have dairy products.

Speaking of stalking exes, a few weeks ago I was on my LinkedIn page and it shows recent visitors. My ex who I haven’t had any contact with since 2013 was looking at my page a couple of weeks earlier. Creepy!

So let me help you out here with your stalker ex. Hey Dipshit! Just hurry up and get the divorce papers signed. Give Joely your address. She doesn’t want to come over and hang out with you or spy on you or have anything to do with you. Stop thinking so highly of yourself you arrogant prick. She just wants to wash you out of her life so get on with it Dipshit!

• July 12, 2018 / 10:24 pm

Thank you so much Cheryl, for the good luck and the laughs!
      Your comment cracked me up!
      Yeah I do indulge in non vegan now and then and I do use almond milk when I need to but I rarely have need these days.
      Like you I do not worry if something has egg in it, in fact I still eat eggs so I am part veggie diet, part vegan.
      Mostly just trying to stay away from anything with high carbs, high fat, (the bad kind), and high sugars.
      Healthy eating DOES make us feel better though. Can’t deny it.
      Thanks Cheryl.